Results 1 to 6 of 6

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Possible to Downgrade Baseband? No Signal on my iPhone 3G!

  1. #1
    Unhappy Possible to Downgrade Baseband? No Signal on my iPhone 3G!
    I accidentally upgraded my iPhone 3G to 3.1 using iTunes 9. This made it go to DFU mode instantly. After restoring to 3.0 and Jailbreaking with redsn0w, I notice that it can't find my operator.

    I can't use any phone related services, obviously, but the signal indicator say that I have 1 bar of signal, but neither the Edge or 3G icon won't show. Also, the phone operator's logo is gone.

    I know the Dev-Team's blog post clearly say not to upgrade to 3.1 as it updates the baseband, making it impossible to unlock. However, I do not need an unlock because I am using the SIM-card which I got with the iPhone 3G.

    If there is any way to fix this now, or if the Dev-Team will fix this in the future, anything, please tell me. Will the PwnageTool 3.1 give me back my signal?

    I can not return the device because I do not have any proof of purchase, neither any kind of AppleStore in Norway, nor iPhone repair merchant. I'm desperate.

    Any advice will be appreciated, thank you!

    Edit: I forgot, I've also tried to unlock it using ultrasn0w, before posting this. No difference, at all.
    Last edited by Chiitus; 2009-10-11 at 01:28 AM.

  2. #2
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Even tho you don't need the unlock try adding the ultrsn0w repo for the unlock it may work. repo666.ultrasn0w.com

  3. #3
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    569
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 53 Times in 41 Posts

    Advice: Read the dev blogs before upgrading if you require your phone to be unlocked.

    Granted this advice doesn't help now, but that is pretty much the only advice that anyone can give you now.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Even tho you don't need the unlock try adding the ultrsn0w repo for the unlock it may work. repo666.ultrasn0w.com
    I tried, and I don't know if things got worse or better.. At least it's not fixed, tho. It does not say that I have 1 bar, but rather just "Searching..."
    Is this good?

    Quote Originally Posted by defmute View Post
    Advice: Read the dev blogs before upgrading if you require your phone to be unlocked.

    Granted this advice doesn't help now, but that is pretty much the only advice that anyone can give you now.
    I do not require my phone to be unlocked. I am using the operator whom I bought the iPhone 3G from.
    And this was an accident. Kind of. Not on purpose, anyways.

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    sd
    Posts
    1,084
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 99 Times in 79 Posts

    you have the new baseband, on the old firmware = no service

    you need to jb 3.0 using redsn0w or whatever, then get a custom 3.1 firmware and shift+click to upgrade to 3.1 after its already jailbroken. only upgrade to the custom firmware after you are already jailbroken on 3.0.

    after u do this, you'll be on 3.1 jailbroken, not unlocked, and get service from your official carrier
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

    waitin on my white iphone 4

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to smirkis For This Useful Post:

    Chiitus (2009-10-11)

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    you have the new baseband, on the old firmware = no service

    you need to jb 3.0 using redsn0w or whatever, then get a custom 3.1 firmware and shift+click to upgrade to 3.1 after its already jailbroken. only upgrade to the custom firmware after you are already jailbroken on 3.0.

    after u do this, you'll be on 3.1 jailbroken, not unlocked, and get service from your official carrier
    THANK YOU!
    I have 3.0 Jailbreak so I guess the remaining step is to [shift]click restore to the new 3.1 custom.
    But where can I get a custom 3.1 firmware for my iPhone 3G?
    Do I use PwnageTool for this?
    I didn't really get that program, I think.
    Kinda n00b to the whole baseband and jailbreaking processes...

    I don't have a mac so I can't use PwnageTool to make a custom Firmware 3.1 which I need to get my signal back. Tell me if I'm wrong, tho.
    So can anyone give me a Direct Download link to a 3.1 Custom Firmware from PwnageTool for the iPhone 3G?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Chiitus; 2009-10-11 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •