Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 2g

Default iphone 2g
    1st of all i want to greet all members on this site. im first time here... thank good i found all about iphones @ 1 place.

now the problem...

got my self old iPhone 2G, it's locked (afcourse) but i don't have original SIM (slovenian operater).

so i tryed almost all softw. (mac and win) still no response about unlocking it.
    (ziphone, pwnage 2.5 beta, redsnow, purple rain, independance)
    and i can't see what version is on it!

so for now all i can tell it's locked and i don't have the SIM that was originaly registred with it.

any sugestions????

in 2 days i've spend about 16hrs trying, DFU-ing, etc.. help before i go nutts!!!

thanx!
    Last edited by lukavivid1; 2009-10-10 at 02:17 PM.

help anyone, links, answers!?

connect it to itunes, update it to the newest firmware 3.1.2, then run blackra1n on it which should jailbreak it. after that, go to cydia and add repo666.ultrasn0w.com to the sources, then install ultrasn0w which should do the unlock (I think ultrasn0w works on the 2G ... if not you will have to use BootNeuter)

alternatively you can use pwnagetool (mac only) to create a custom 3.1 firmware

alternatively you can update to 3.0 or 3.0.1 and run redsn0w on the device

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

lukavivid1 (2009-10-12)

BW,

thanx for reply...

just note i don't have the original SIM that phone was registred with, can i do it without SIM or use other SIM?

first, what firmware are you on? why cant you see it? ummm
    you dont need a SIM once you jailbreak and unlock. you`ll be able to use any.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DJBBOX For This Useful Post:

lukavivid1 (2009-10-12)

Quote Originally Posted by lukavivid1 View Post
    BW,

thanx for reply...

just note i don't have the original SIM that phone was registred with, can i do it without SIM or use other SIM?
    well, you have to hacktivate it then. In that case, the blackra1n method will not work. you will have to use either PwnageTool (preferrable but only possible if you have a mac) or redsn0w. In PwnageTool you have a checkbox if you want to activate the phone, which you have to check (or, if you use pwnagetool in simple mode, it will simply ask you if you have an original simcard).
    redsn0w will automatically activate your phone if you run it

DJBBOX t*** for helping...

i got it with no SIM and it was locked.... can't see what firmware is on it... can't hack into it...

all i see is NO SIM warring and slide to EMORGENY CALL..
    don't see no menu etc..
    dont' know if it was jailbeak or any stuff on it..

i went almost nutts trying and trying...

use the tutorial i send you. you just need a couple of files and that pwnage tool and thats it. make sure you follow it step by step.

can you let us know exactly what you`r doing? the steps you taking. cuz there is no way that device is not let in you flash to a fresh restore in DFU mode. no way.
    Last edited by DJBBOX; 2009-10-11 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ive just run blackra1n (latest version on WIN) did it quick it show the logo of the kid with flying iphones round...

after reboot its still locked! :S

lol yes blackra1n is not an unlock but a jailbreak. ok now you have a iPhone 3.1.2. ok that is now a start. now downgrade to 3.0 then quikpwn.

sorry for n00b question....

how do i downgrade to 3.0? what software & ipsw?

sorry for n00b question....

how do i downgrade to 3.0? what software & ipsw?
    just download the 3.0 firmware for the 2G (available here at MMi download section), then shift+click (win) or alt +click (mac) on the restore button of your phone in itunes and select the downloaded firmware.
    if your itunes only shows "the sim card in this iphone isn't valid" or something, you have to go to dfu mode. for that:
    1) connect the phone to itunes and make sure it's turned on
    2) make sure itunes is running
    3) hold power (on top of the device) and home (under the screen) together for 10 seconds, after 10 seconds release the power button but keep holding the home button until itunes says it has detected an iphone in recovery mode. the restore button will now be there

good thing blackwolf. thanks. i cant be in 3 places at the same time.

ok, finaly i downed it to 3.0 (iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore)

but i get these msgs...

ok, finaly i downed it to 3.0 (iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore)

but i get these msgs...

winpwn is seriously outdated.
    like I said, use redsn0w

Default dude!
    well,

my friend the "redsn0w 0.72" just broke in and unlock my lovley iphone!!!

-----------------------------

special thanx to BlackWolf and DJBBOX!

guys champagne 4 you!

just a little info i need..

now that you are known with my stuff, can you advice me what can i use to upgrade and how?

thanx again!!!
    Last edited by lukavivid1; 2009-10-11 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

0.7.x is outdated btw, but as long as it worked it shouldn't matter. but next time you should get the newest version right from the dev team's blog: Dev-Team Blog

as for updating, you have to wait for a new version of redsn0w ...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

lukavivid1 (2009-10-11)

ok woke up. lol

22. The Following User Says Thank You to DJBBOX For This Useful Post:

lukavivid1 (2009-10-12)