Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trying to restore a custom 3.1

Default Trying to restore a custom 3.1
    Hello all, I have a 3G 8gig Iphone and I have been jailbreaking it since 2.1 firmware, no problems.

It's current state is 3.0.1 jailbreak using redsnow under Windows 7. Since this jailbreak my phone has seriously SUCKED!! Bad battery life and dodgy wireless.

I have decided to do a custom 3.1 restore under Windows 7. I currently have a restore file iPhone1_2_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore_NotActivated

This file SHOULD be for the 3G no? Because every time I try and restore the phone in DFU mode it tells me that it is not compatible???? I have downloaded several custom restore files from various places all saying they are for the 3G but all come back as incompatible.

I am using the latest iTunes but have also downgraded iTunes as recommended in the sticky on this forum... both give me the same error.

I was thinking of downgrading to offical firmware 3.0, jailbreaking and then trying the restore??? Anyyway have any suggestions before I invest the time?

Default Resolved
    Eventually I located a restore file that was compatible... Strange though as they all had the same restore file name...

any difference in your wireless or battery?
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!