Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No USB connectivity & DFU mode doesn't help. Can I SSH the USB drivers in??

Default No USB connectivity & DFU mode doesn't help. Can I SSH the USB drivers in??
    Hi all,
    I think I've corupted my 3G's USB drivers. I can still SSH into the phone. Does anyone know how to reinstall the USB drivers on the iPhone, via SSH? Here's what I had software 3.01 on my phone and restored it to 3.0 and thats when the nightmare started now I can't sync with itunes and also when you plug the phone into the charger it no longer makes the connecting sounds ether in itunes or charger.

Thanks

Can you try a different charger? Maybe the cord is faulty. I have an old cord that got shorted right above the doc connector. I stiffened it with some electrical tape and can get it to work as long as I dont jostle it.

I tried that already and everything else I know of. Whats weird is I can SSH into the phone and add music and contacts But it won't sync its itunes or the battery come up when you plug it into the charger If I could get cydia off it I would take it back to the apple store and get it replaced. It doesn't show its charging but if I leave plugged in over night and I turn it on in the morning it will show in the red until I hold down the power and home buttons to reboot and when it comes back on than it will show full charge on the little battery up in the corner.
    Last edited by joecool2; 2009-10-09 at 07:20 PM.

Thanks

Have you tried to reboot your computer and try a different USB port?

Yes tried that also it won't sync at all also when you plug in the charger and put it in stand by mode than hit the power button again its suppose to show the battery charging but it doesn't do that ether i'm stumpped on this

Im having the exact same problem. Any resolution?

I had an issue that sounds similar. I installed an app from Cydia that either didn't work, or I didn't like (don't remember now what it was) so I uninstalled it. After that, my phone would not acknowledge being hooked to the computer, and the computer wouldn't acknowledge the phone being hooked up to it, except iTunes would say something like "iTunes couldn't connect to the iPhone, error 0xE8000065 occured". But the phone wasn't charging, and I couldn't get iPhoneBrowser to see it either.

I opened up the "services" panel in Windows (start button, right click "Computer" -> Mangage -> Services and Applications -> Services - on Vista, just Start button, type Services into the box and press Enter) and selected "Apple Mobile Device" form the list, then clicked on "Restart the service". Once the service restarted, my phone & computer talked to each other happily and played nice together.

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    I had an issue that sounds similar. I installed an app from Cydia that either didn't work, or I didn't like (don't remember now what it was) so I uninstalled it. After that, my phone would not acknowledge being hooked to the computer, and the computer wouldn't acknowledge the phone being hooked up to it, except iTunes would say something like "iTunes couldn't connect to the iPhone, error 0xE8000065 occured". But the phone wasn't charging, and I couldn't get iPhoneBrowser to see it either.

I opened up the "services" panel in Windows (start button, right click "Computer" -> Mangage -> Services and Applications -> Services - on Vista, just Start button, type Services into the box and press Enter) and selected "Apple Mobile Device" form the list, then clicked on "Restart the service". Once the service restarted, my phone & computer talked to each other happily and played nice together.
    If it isnt registering as charging on a wall charger then why would restarting a service have anything to do with it?

I tried it but no change. I would just reinstall the firmware but i cant get it to connect.

Default 0xe8000065
    I've received some great help on this site. Time for me to "give back"..

I got recently got this error message (0xE8000065).

History...

Jailbroke and unlocked a new (refurbished) 3G iPhone.
    All was working well.
    After a day or two, I purposely drained the battery completely on the new phone. I've read this helps the battery last longer if done during the first few cycles on a new lithium battery.

Anyway, I'm in my hotel room ready to hook the phone up to my laptop to charge it and found that one of my kids "borrowed" my Apple USB cord. Went down to the front desk at the hotel to ask if they had a spare. One the the guys was nice enough to let me borrow his (a Belkin cord).

Back to the room, plug the phone in and get the error message (0xE8000065), couldn't connect to iTunes either.
    At that time I figured it must have something to do with the jailbrake, unlock, and complete draining of the battery.

Before restoring the phone, I started to research the issue on the net. In a non-related post, I read that not all Apple cords (OEM, non-OEM, etc.) are wired the same.

Got me thinking that the cord I borrowed might be the problem. Went to a local Target store and purchased a travel charger that had a USB cord separate from the small wall charger. I made sure the packaging had "3G iPhone compatible" listed on it.

Back to the room, plug the phone into the new USB cord... problem resolved!!!

Long and short of it...

Not all Apple USB cords are created equally. If you get 0xE8000065 error message (Windows XP), try using another USB cord that your sure is compatible with your devise.

Ken
    Last edited by CR125Honda; 2010-02-20 at 11:52 PM.