Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS with pre-installed 3.0.1 and 04.26.08

Default 3GS with pre-installed 3.0.1 and 04.26.08
    Just picked it up new in box and was wondering what the correct procedure would be to both jailbreak and unlock it. I am a bit hesitant before I do it because I am reading about all the problems with eventually upgrading to new software(3.1 and so on). I am OS X by the way.

So just use RedSn0w to jailbreak, then use UltraSn0w to unlock?

Thanks

Yup! Redsn0w then ultrasn0w!

p.s. if you want to update to 3.1 then use redsn0w on 3.0.1 right now (don't restore no matter what you do) then make a custom ipsw with pwnagetool and option+restore to it.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Just posted a new thread regarding the same thing...so ill copy into here..
    I would like some advice before I attempt to Jailbreak and unlock an iphone 3GS that came pre installed with 3.0.1 firmware, using reds0w and ultrsn0w. I have downloaded both the 3.0 ipsw and the 3.0.1 ipsw.
    Assuming that I successfully manage to Jailbreak the phone and hopefully I don’t have the problems that various people have mentioned regarding loss of Wifi, loss of 3G signal, youtube not working ....However if I do encounter problems , and HERE is my question can I restore to 3.0.1 or 3.0 in DFU mode or any other mode? If so how do I go about doing that? I want to try to cover all angles before attempting it, as I don’t want to render the iphone useless! Any advice would be highly appreciated...