Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blackra1n - Jailbreak iPhone 3G[S] and all iDevices on 3.1

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

You can get the shsh blobs even of your not jailbroken using the umbrella app. Google is your friend.

I don't get it, surely if your GS is already an official 3.1, then if you don't need the downgrade of baseband to unlock and are only after a jailbreak, then Pwnagetool 3.1.2 (or a custom ipsw created with it if your windows) will do the trick or am I missing something.

Admittedly, my GS was 3.0.1 prior to crashing, but with a custom 3.1 ipsw made by a Mac user I managed to restore my phone and its still unlocked and jailbroken again using one of the tools from cydia which was already installed.

Or is using a pwnagetool 3.1.2 custom rom not enough to jailbreak a phone that was already 3.1 if the baseband is the updated version?

pwnage tool 3.12? New one on me.
    3.13 only works with already JB devices.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

sorry, meant 3.13, just didn't bother to check the exact version. So, wouldn't 3.13 work for those already on the official 3.1 and just need the jailbreak?

Not if they've never been JB before.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Interesting. I have a factory unlocked 3GS with 3.1 OTB. I'm waiting for something like this.

Is it worth trying to get IBEC etc. files for 3.1 at this stage? Will Apple even sign legit 3.1 installs now that 3.1.2 is out? Will 3.1.2 IBEC files ever do me any good?

If you can't JB yet then what's the point of your question? I don't understand.

I was under the impression that those files could be saved during a routine DFU mode firmware restore, and that they might be useful in the future.

They might be.
    But if you JB then cydia will save them for you and then they will be.

Soooo, wait for the blackra1n release and do it through cydia?

update from geohot

yep we are getting closer to release

you know you wrote a good loader when you can run it multiple times w/o crash :-DDD payload is now stable! but still no blackra1n tonight

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    You make it with pwnagetool....
    No I want someone to make one for me and post it...

I thought folks were finding these type of files on the net

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^they are, but can not be posted/linked here, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    No I want someone to make one for me and post it...

I thought folks were finding these type of files on the net
    If its not ok to post the post a link of PM me. I mean there cant be many permutaions of the customer IPSW file.

can't wait for this, i saw his twitter update.
    He said he still has some touching up to do so no blackra1n tonight .

A little off topic but do i need to save my ibec/ibss files to jailbreak?

I tried the usbview way, it didn't work.
    When i put in my ecid into the purplera1n site all i get is these name of files in the box.
    i don't get anything that i can save, which is what is suppose to happen i suppose. help please?

update

Quote Originally Posted by iH8sn0w
    We shall call him! "sn0wbl0wer"! Thanks to @westonmyers for the name! sn0wbl0wer is coming tomorrow!
    Last edited by ak47m16; 2009-10-09 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by ak47m16 View Post
    update

But that doesn't help with 3.1 OTB, Blackra1n will

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

so is this a new way to downgrade or just a nice GUI?

So it comes out tommorpw?

Very foolish of apple to release 3.1.2 before Geo released the 3.1 public JB. Apple took a 50/50 chance on fixing the exploit that Geo is using by releasing before Geo did. IF apple would have waited, then they would have been 100% right on the exploit he used. So now my guess is, WHEN Geo releases the JB for 3.1 it will also JB the 3.1.2. That is UNLESS apple got lucky and guessed the exploit he used, LoL. Sit back and grab a beer people, this could be one hell of a roller coaster ride.

Remember Apple "claims" they released 3.1.2 to fix the Sleep issue that was in 3.1. Now IF thats true, dont u think Geos exploit is gonna crack them both wide open, hehe

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast