Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blackra1n - Jailbreak iPhone 3G[S] and all iDevices on 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by TheHundreds View Post
    I got a small problem, i heard that setting your iphone as a new phone can make your iPhone last longer.
    But the problem is that i am already jailbroken, can i still restore and set as new phone then jailbreak again?

edit:i got a 3Gs on 3.1 btw
    bump for my question.

Thanks

Setting up as new wouldn't help your phone much. Don't worry about it.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

3gs 3.1 now upgraded to 3.1.2 and working. Donation made. Thanks for this forum and information sharing!

Still can't get SBSettings to work.. According to the comments section on the SBSettings app page I'm not the only one.

Default help...
    when in step 6 itunes never pops back up, so i cant close it again when i close blackra1n, iphone 3g just stays in recovery telling me to plug into itunes. is there a setting i can change in itunes so that it automatically pops up

so i upgrade to the newest itunes and now i can't run blackra1n, i get this thing that says im missing sqlitev2, no entry or something like that. how is this problem fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmpsi View Post
    Still can't get SBSettings to work.. According to the comments section on the SBSettings app page I'm not the only one.
    Did you install Icy - Icy and Cydia installed together can cause problems.

I'd forgotten the finger swipe to open SBSettings. I prefer the finger roll method or, at a push the one finger on carrier and one finger on battery method.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

you should also put that if your model of IPod Touch starts with MC then it will not work. Blackra1n only works with the ones that start with MB. you can find what model you have just look at your system info on your ipod touch by going to about.

Thanks

this may be a slightly old thread...but im gonna be honest everyone...3.1.2 SUCKS!!!! it was EXTREMELY unstable after using blackra1n, and i ended up restoring. 3.0 was kick *** (can i say that on a public forum?) and was pwnTASTIC when jailbroken. but i gotta admit. 3.1.2 is pretty damn good stock. just IMO, i hope i dont get flamed .

by the way my iPod is in fact MB so i know it was SUPPOSED to be compatible, and i had installed Cydia ONLY.

Quote Originally Posted by jdyates View Post
    this may be a slightly old thread...but im gonna be honest everyone...3.1.2 SUCKS!!!! it was EXTREMELY unstable after using blackra1n, and i ended up restoring. 3.0 was kick *** (can i say that on a public forum?) and was pwnTASTIC when jailbroken. but i gotta admit. 3.1.2 is pretty damn good stock. just IMO, i hope i dont get flamed .

by the way my iPod is in fact MB so i know it was SUPPOSED to be compatible, and i had installed Cydia ONLY.
    First off try using puncuation properly. Second, which is it "Sucks" or "Kick A--"

No real point to your post.

Thanks

first off: i don't care about my punctuation, because i recently found out i failed english class (im a freshman in high school) and my old computer doesn't auto correct or check the grammar/punctuation.

Secondly: i SAID that 3.0 is awesome, and 3.1.2 sucks. get it?

and my point is that blackra1n isn't very reliable with iPT 2G.

got a 3gs w/ 3.1.2 otb last night. jailbreak is sucsessful w/ blackra1n but after any reboot i get the restore screen. is there anyway that i can fix this?

No, the new iBoot means it's a tethered JB
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    thats pretty lame... thanks anyways

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    yea it worked great!
    did you already update/restore to 3.1.2? if so, did you have to download custom fw or did you use iTunes'? I'm also running 3.0.1 on 2G iPhone... and also need unlock b/c I only have a T-mobile sim... i am already JB and Unlocked...

Thanks in Advance!

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    bump for another thought, if i restore w/ a pwnage custom ipsw will this fix the tethered jb?

No - you can't change your iBoot

18. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Pyro_Teknic (2009-11-13)

even lamer.. thnx for the quick answers and ill keep my eyes peeled for changes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a question for u? I ran blackra1n to jailbreak my iphone, it has 3.1 firmware, when I did, I noticed that I don't have the tethering anymore, I had it once before when I jailbroke it, but had to get it looked at, came home to re-jailbreak it, once I did, I noticed no more tethering when I goto the network screen like i had before. How can I get the tethering back on my phone? And, I noticed when I double tap my caps button it doesn't stay like it did before. Need direction on this...Thanks------MK

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213