Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blackra1n - Jailbreak iPhone 3G[S] and all iDevices on 3.1

Uninstall winterboard and reinstall it. It sounds like a winterboard problem, not a blackra1n related issue.

Default Winterboard working with Blackra1n
    Finally I got my iPhone properly jailbroke and winterboard working too. Early this morning I had lots of problem trying to install winterboard with update 3.1.2, I would intall winterboard and every time is done and press "REBOOT DEVICE", iPhone will freze to apple logo and this is what I did.
    -update iphone to 3.1.2 from apple
    -Turn BONJOUR services OFF ( go to RUN, type: msconfig, then you will see "system configuration utility",press services and uncheck the bonjour services box, reboot computer
    -Blackrain Iphone, wait for phone to reboot go to install cydia only, NOT ICY, then install winterboard when finish at bottom you will see reboot device (DO NOT PRESS IT, INSTEAD DO A HARD BOOT FROM IPHONE SWITCH, TURN PHONE BACK ON AND GOOD TO GO)

-REMEMBER NOT TO INSTALL ICY for now, if install will have problems again and do not forget to turn bonjour services back on.

Ok so it seems that this is a great release if you want to Jailbreak your phone.

But what i could pick up from this is that this will only Jailbreak your phone and do absolutely nothing in terms of being able to use any simcard inside? Basicaly its not unlocked?

If so people suggest i dont bother jailbreaking my Iphone i guess i just sit back and wait until a possible unlock is found, if ever?

Thanks

^No unlock.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

5. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

Insaniac (2009-10-12)

Ok thanks

Damn usually an Iphone present would be greatly welcomed, but its just sitting there brand new not being able to be used.. sucks

Thanks

Borrow a friend's AT&T (or w/e carrier for your country) and activate.. that way you could at least use it as an ipod touch
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

I downloaded blackra1n and what able to get it on my springboard. But when I open it and try to download cydia I get this error message: Error: Error Domain+NSURLErrorDomainCode=-1001 UserInfo=0x184e60 "timed out"

Has anyone else gotten this? What do I do to download Cydia?
    I have a 3GS running 3.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by gbabyv View Post
    I downloaded blackra1n and what able to get it on my springboard. But when I open it and try to download cydia I get this error message: Error: Error Domain+NSURLErrorDomainCode=-1001 UserInfo=0x184e60 "timed out"

Has anyone else gotten this? What do I do to download Cydia?
    I have a 3GS running 3.1.2
    Sounds like a connection problem. Does Safari work properly?
    "Hey, I thought you said that guy was dead!"
    "No, what I said was he sleeps with the fishes"
    Windows is not a virus, viruses do something.

I'm going to attempt and try this. I've installed 3.1.2, so here we go. HOWEVER, I DID NOT UPDATE MY CARRIER SETTINGS! I have an iPhone 2g. Will this matter?

I did not update my carrier settings but I upgrade iPhone 2g 3.0 to 3.1.2 and it works flawlessly! Completed it the first time! What should I do about the carrier update settings? Any information?
    Last edited by mastaryan; 2009-10-12 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

carrier settings are safe

12. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

mastaryan (2009-10-12)

Okay, I thought everything was okay but now I have no wifi. Help please.

Easiest jailbreak I've ever done.
    If I helped then hit the thanks button...

I got a small problem, i heard that setting your iphone as a new phone can make your iPhone last longer.
    But the problem is that i am already jailbroken, can i still restore and set as new phone then jailbreak again?

edit:i got a 3Gs on 3.1 btw

anyone else having issues getting SBSettings to run??

3.1.2 jailbroken with blackra1n..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmpsi View Post
    anyone else having issues getting SBSettings to run??

3.1.2 jailbroken with blackra1n..
    Nope...mine is running just fine!

Same here!

Everything running perfectly!

Someone else had ur problem,

simply go in the blackra1n app, and reinstall cydia, and download sbsettings

Thanks

mhmm SBSettings running fine on 3.1.2
    Haven't run into any compatibility issues so far.

Maybe I'm missing something then.. It's been a while since I installed this..

It shows as being installed under Cydia, I rebooted.. should I just be able to swipe the status bar to get the settings now?

Thanks

Yeah just swipe across and you should get a little popdown thing with buttons for menus.
    If you can't get it to open then put one finger on the carrier logo (or signal bars) and one on the battery and then release.

Quote Originally Posted by dakomo View Post
    3GS on 3.1 without updating!??

Can anybody confirm this? Because I'm on 3.1 OTB 3GS. And, still waiting for custom 3.1.2 IPSW before attempting to jailbreak with Blackra1n to preserved my baseband. :
    If you are on 3.1 OTB, your baseband is already updated. No need to put off going to 3.1.2 just to preserve the baseband as it has the same baseband as 3.1

also, to load a custom 3.1.2, I'm pretty sure you will need to be jailbroken on 3.1 first, so you will have to run blackra1n at 3.1 anyway. And if you load a custom 3.1.2, it should already be jailbroken, so no need to use blackra1n at that point.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast