Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Opinion on firmwares??

Default Opinion on firmwares??
    Hey I don't post much cause I can usually find what I'm looking for on here or google, but I'm considering upgrading my firmware(finally) and just want to know which ones more stable or worth the "new features". Right now I'm still on 1.0.1 (i know) but its been fine for me even after all the hacks it runs good. Since almost every firmware is jail breakable I guess that doesn't matter but I just want to be further updated and I was thinking about 1.1.1 or 1.1.2? Any suggestions or should I just wait for 1.2? Thanks!!!

anyone?
    Last edited by Freshtojeff; 2008-03-16 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    We'll all the apps are working on 1.1.3, and it has several new features. 1.1.4 still isnt supporting all apps, so I would reccomend 1.1.3. with ziphone's jailbreak, u'll b able to jb/unlock/activate easily.

Retired Motorola Modder.

Keep it at the 1.0.1, Thats the best IMHO.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

1.1.4. Stablest, most recentest, bestest.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

Freshtojeff (2008-03-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    1.1.4. Stablest, most recentest, bestest.
    Yeah, I'm really looking for something stable don't wanna deal with alot of crap so I'll check that out after i DL ziphone anyways I'll be upgrading probably later tonight or tomorrow so keeeeeep adding to this!

Thanks

1.1.3, it may not be the newest, but it has all apps working on it perfectly. so its a comprimise. im on 1.1.3 (ziphone jailbreak) and its perfect with no problems or stability issues
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Great looks like I'll be going to 1.1.4 since it is the newest just ONE quick question, since I'c currently on 1.0.1 and I synced/backed up with iTunes(7.5) will this backup still be compatible with the 1.1.4 update. I believe I read somewhere that it wouldn't be able to or something like that don't want to lose sms/text/contacts/cal and all that good stuff. Thanks in advance!

wow with 1.1.4 yahoo email doesn't work and youtube doesn't seem to be working there are some fixes that i've followed but it still doesn't seem to work i think i'll downgrade back lol this doesn't seem to be that stable
    Last edited by Freshtojeff; 2008-03-16 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    LMAO! Ur wrong, wats wrong is da phone, just do a restore and start again. Im runnin on 1.1.4 and never had to fix anything. Just reset all settings, and if dat doesnt do it, do a dfu restore and use ziphone 2.6

Retired Motorola Modder.

didn't even have to do all that just restored again and ran everythiing to make sure it worked followed by the JB after and everything is running smooth!