Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Geohot has a JB coming in 2 days!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Geohot has a JB coming in 2 days!
    Via his twitter

http://twitter.com/geohot
    gone shopping, ya'll better appreciate this :-)about 3 hours ago from web

@channel13films i have an eta, 2 daysabout 2 hours ago from web in reply to channel13films
    Last edited by Charlymanson; 2009-10-06 at 06:13 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlymanson For This Useful Post:

Markymark888 (2009-10-06), teme (2009-10-08)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Simtech For This Useful Post:

Charlymanson (2009-10-06)

Green Apple
    Thanks

damn! u got there first lol nice.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlymanson For This Useful Post:

Simtech (2009-10-06)

damn i hope this is true

Good news i cant wait to JB my OTB 3.1 3GS

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

the guys at Greenpois0n posted the exploit on their blog. GeoHot is not pleased.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ebl4287 View Post
    Yep! he's not releasing anymore
    er, not quite, he changed his mind. saying why screw everyone over the Chronic Dev Team's supposed stupidity.

not to mention Chronic is 3-4 weeks away from releasing. 3.2 will likely be released and everyone who didnt get 3.1 ECID's saved by then will be posting in the 3G[S] downgrading forum again with the same questions.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Madman604x For This Useful Post:

ebl4287 (2009-10-07)

But does he still reckon he will be a couple of days before it's released

Green Apple
    Thanks

mm well today he said eta 2 days so Im sure it'll be released before the week it up

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlymanson For This Useful Post:

Markymark888 (2009-10-07)

So to clarify: Will this enable jailbreaking 3GS iPhones OTB and ones that have the 3.1 update installed via iTunes? Will this allow for carrier unlocking too or is that gone forever with the 3.1 update? And where does one have to go to find Cydia and/or saurik's server to have the ECID SHSH info captured so one can go back to this info when needed for future jailbreaks? Thanks, and please excuse my ignorance as I'm new to the whole iPhone and jailbreaking game.

Quote Originally Posted by His Nibs View Post
    So to clarify: Will this enable jailbreaking 3GS iPhones OTB and ones that have the 3.1 update installed via iTunes? Will this allow for carrier unlocking too or is that gone forever with the 3.1 update? And where does one have to go to find Cydia and/or saurik's server to have the ECID SHSH info captured so one can go back to this info when needed for future jailbreaks? Thanks, and please excuse my ignorance as I'm new to the whole iPhone and jailbreaking game.
    Yes it will jailbreak all 3.1 3g[s] iPhones and all 3.1.1 (hope I'm getting that firmware right, I don't have an iPT3) 3rd-gen iPod Touches. No it will not allow for unlocking. I don't think anyone is currently working on a 3.1 unlock since a jailbreak is most important at the moment, but it might be worked on once the jailbreak is complete. When the jailbreak is finally released, it will install an app called Cydia onto your phone that will be used to grab your SHSH, among many other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellogiraffe View Post
    Yes it will jailbreak all 3.1 3g[s] iPhones and all 3.1.1 (hope I'm getting that firmware right, I don't have an iPT3) 3rd-gen iPod Touches. No it will not allow for unlocking. I don't think anyone is currently working on a 3.1 unlock since a jailbreak is most important at the moment, but it might be worked on once the jailbreak is complete. When the jailbreak is finally released, it will install an app called Cydia onto your phone that will be used to grab your SHSH, among many other things.
    Thanks for the info Hellogiraffe!

One other thing, I would guess that there has to be an exploit for the unlocking of carrier branded iphones as there has to be something in the software which allows for people to buy unlocked versions so they aren't chained to any one wireless provider/company or am I wrong about this?
    Last edited by His Nibs; 2009-10-08 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost