Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: n00b trepidation, need mod or senior poster reassurance..

Default n00b trepidation, need mod or senior poster reassurance..
    hey guys i've got some worries about jailbreaking my iPhone, and as i know things can change from month to month i'm not willing to risk my phone on old info. if someone could just go line by line and give me some solid up to date answers. bear in mind i have a iPhone 3G 8GB with ver 3.1 :

1) which software should i use to jailbreak, not unlock, redsn0w or PwnageTool 3.1.3?

2) if i jailbreak my phone will i loose the new features like, copy paste, and mms pictures etc.?

3) if i jailbreak should i continue to DL updates from Apple, or would i be getting updates from redsn0w/PwnageTool's site?

4) given my current ver would i be able to use Cydia or are we all still waiting on a fix?

5) currently what's the best site for jailbroken content, themes, apps, and the like?

OK i tried to keep it short, please excuse me as i'm sure you get a thread like this often and you're tired of repeating yourself. i just want to ensure all tech specs are up to date.
    information wants to be free

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Welcome to MMi, if you have updated your phone to 3.1 unfortunately there is not a reliable Windows jailbreak available yet. We expect it should be released within the next few days. You may want to check back.

Once you jailbreak you will not lose any features at all and Cydia will work fine.

so should i downgrade and jailbreak or just sit tight?

Thanks

If an unlock is not important to you as you stated you could, or just hang in there. I read today that the new J/B will be released by Wednesday but you just never know with these things. Your choice of coarse.

Check modmyi.com for the latest news, somebody will post it on their homepage as soon as a new 3.1 jailbreak comes out!!!!

If u have any other "n00b" questions, feel free to send Me as many questions as u want and I'll try to answer them all(send me a personal message)
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 2009-10-06 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sorry not sure where to look, did the new version come out today as planned?

Thanks

Not yet, close.........................

OK just DL'd blackra1n and i'm getting ready to do the install. however i did still have one question before i make it rain. what do i do about updates? suppose Apple launches some new update with some cool feature and i update my iPhone will it brick it, get rid of the jailbreak features, or just add the updated features while remaining jailbroken. (i apologize if this is a dumb question) i just want to know what i'm getting myself into. or is it more like PSP where now every time Apple releases a new update someone makes the hacked version of it and you DL it from their site? i just need some clarification...

also are there any no no's? like if you have a jailbroken phone NEVER fill in the blank!
    Last edited by setotitan; 2009-10-12 at 01:15 AM.