Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help...how do I manually prepare jailbreak?

Unhappy Help...how do I manually prepare jailbreak?
    Hello People,

So I bought an iPhone last week and managed to unlock it and activate the phone without to many problems.

I first used the DVD Jon method to jailbreak and then manual AT command method with iBrickr to do the rest.

The thing is that I am expecting my own iPhone to arrive this coming Friday.
    If apple release the update how would I do the part where iTunes downloads the firmware and iBrickr does its thing? Currently the firmware is 1.0.2 which is fine but the if I did the same with the impending firmware I am screwed.

There must be a way to set it up manually right?

Thank u for all ur help!

I don't understand are you asking how to do an apple firmware update with an unlocked phone?

Easy dude.

Just go to the Downloads section of this forum..

Download the 1.0.2 Firmware for the Iphone (Should be a ISWP file or something like that).

Then when you click restore in Itunes Make sure your holding Shift. It'll give you the option to install firmware from a file.

And then do exactly what you did with Ibrickr.

One question? Did you use Anysim to unlock your phone. Or iUnlock?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mofolo For This Useful Post:

JenBell (2007-09-26)

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    Easy dude.

Just go to the Downloads section of this forum..

Download the 1.0.2 Firmware for the Iphone (Should be a ISWP file or something like that).

Then when you click restore in Itunes Make sure your holding Shift. It'll give you the option to install firmware from a file.

And then do exactly what you did with Ibrickr.

One question? Did you use Anysim to unlock your phone. Or iUnlock?
    Ah...someone understood me! Ah...I'd hug u if I knew u...yep...so I just have to hold down the shift key and browse to it myself - already have the firmware dl'ed.

I will give this a go...u are plain awesome! (for now...if my iPhone works then I love u..if it does not...er...u'll be hearing from me...did I sound scary enough...er...)