Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes deleted all my app store apps!!! *HELP*

Default iTunes deleted all my app store apps!!! *HELP*
    so i jailbroke my iphone 3G S (3.0) a few months ago using purplera1n and i havent updated itunes or the iphone ever since. last night i updated itunes to prepare for a potential 3.1 jailbreak to come out soon with the thoughts of not to sync the iphone with this new itunes.

i thought i was gonna be ok doing so since the hash through cydia gave me the ok to do so but when i did, itunes deleted all my app store apps and i can't seem to download them again without having to pay again (for the purchased once of course)

any ideas of what couldve gone wrong here?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miyan View Post
    so i jailbroke my iphone 3G S (3.0) a few months ago using purplera1n and i havent updated itunes or the iphone ever since. last night i updated itunes to prepare for a potential 3.1 jailbreak to come out soon with the thoughts of not to sync the iphone with this new itunes.

i thought i was gonna be ok doing so since the hash through cydia gave me the ok to do so but when i did, itunes deleted all my app store apps and i can't seem to download them again without having to pay again (for the purchased once of course)

any ideas of what couldve gone wrong here?
    I have only heard of this happenning under a few circumstances:

(1) This usually happens when your iPhone 3GS is synced to another computer and you try syncing to a different computer.

Apple - Support - Discussions - Help! Itunes deleted all my apps. ...

(2) If you installed cracked apps.

The above link from Apple support does suggest a few ways to recover from this problem.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

3. The Following User Says Thank You to reddawg For This Useful Post:

miyan (2009-10-05)

oh and btw, even though it looks like you have to pay for paid apps again, you don't. make sure you are logged into itunes with the same account that purchased the apps, then just purchase them again. there will be a popup saying "you already bought this article and it will be downloaded to your computer" or something (after you entered your password) and you won't get charged twice.

that happened to me before as well had to redownload everything i bought from the appstore, but its also easy to forget apps you bought so its good to sign into your account in itunes and go to recent purchases so you have all the apps listed that youve bought

That's true, I've done it before, and I've also used this feature on apps I downloaded when they used to be free(I get them free!!!!) it's the best feature ever!

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    That's true, I've done it before, and I've also used this feature on apps I downloaded when they used to be free(I get them free!!!!) it's the best feature ever!
    Im sure your not talking about cracked apps (stealing) since that discussion isnt allowed here.