Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "3.1 Issues and Discussion"

Sim card?
    Don't you guys synch through iTunes?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by nikozen View Post
    I've done both. I've restored from backup and set up as a new phone and don't get any service until I install UntraSn0w.

Yes setting up as a new phone is find and dandy, but it's not an acceptable option. When I update to a new FW I do not want to load in hundreds of contacts by hand and lose text messages/notes. I've never had any problems when restoring from backup on a new FW. But that might just be me getting lucky.

Oh as far as battery life, I did a full charge/discharge cycle and I seem to be getting slightly better battery life than I did on 3.0.1.
    Sync your contacts through itunes. Copy the folder \var\mobile\Library\Notes to your desktop before you restore, and put it back after the restore. You can do the same thing with the Call History folder (same path, just Call History instead of Notes). Get iTextUploader from Cydia, and create an account at YouArchive.It :: Your life, archived in 160 characters! You could even just manually store the SMS folder (same path as above) and restore it too, but it seems that picture messages won't send if you do that. But restoring just \var\mobile\Library\SMS\sms.db works fine

Now you can set up as new phone, and get contacts, notes, call history & sms back
    Last edited by L00i3; 2009-10-09 at 06:39 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to L00i3 For This Useful Post:

nikozen (2009-10-09)

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    Sync your contacts through itunes. Copy the folder varmobileLibraryNotes to your desktop before you restore, and put it back after the restore. You can do the same thing with the Call History folder (same path, just Call History instead of Notes). Get iTextUploader from Cydia, and create an account at YouArchive.It :: Your life, archived in 160 characters! You could even just manually store the SMS folder (same path as above) and restore it too, but it seems that picture messages won't send if you do that. But restoring just varmobileLibrarySMSsms.db works fine

Now you can set up as new phone, and get contacts, notes, call history & sms back
    Learn something new everyday. I'll give that a shot tomorrow and see how it turns out. Thanks.

jailbreaked an official 3.1.2 with blackra1n on my 3gs. everything works great, but sbsetting's vibrate toggle doesn't work and hasn't since 3.1. Anyone know of a fix?

SBSettings didn't work at first. works OK now.
    Winterboard bricked mine, so I had to spend a few hour restoring everything.

Any ideas on what makes Winterboard behave like this? Works for some and not others...

Those who have Winterboard working on 3.1 and 3.1.2 can you post what version of Mobile Substrate, Cydia and Winterboard you have?
    Last edited by janHR; 2009-10-12 at 11:29 PM.

Thanks

Winterboard wasn't compatible with 3.1 at first but now it is...
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

3G (went from 3.0.1 to 3.1). No real issues here, the carrier wasn't there of course, but I just use MakeItMine. As far as the battery issue, I'm not sure myself, when I had 3.0.1 I never really 'checked' my battery because I would charge overnight, charge in my car on the way to work, keep the phone charged pretty good at my desk at work, so I was always topped off. My usage shows 5 hours 37 minutes with 16 hours and 10 minutes of standby and I have 12% battery life left. I don't know if that's good.

I went to 3.1 mainly for Canabalt, RedLaser and Dropbox. I've been thinking about going back to 3.0 or 3.0.1 but I don't want to downgrade, reinstall everything and then fine the battery life is the same and have to go back up to 3.1.

As far as all the files, I used WinSCP (SSH) to directly copy my contacts, e-mail, SMS, call history and even program settings, and just copied them back when I was done. Even for a program like ooTunes, I copied back my favorites to the folder and everything was there, no need to set up everything again.

Does anyone use iPhone VM to expand their virtual memory? There are two versions in Cydia and I'm not sure if it has any advantages.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

why not jsut use GoogleSync for your contacts? That way you never have to worry about losing them, anytime you make a change on your phone or email it automatically makes changes in both places.

Why not just use an exchange server - does it all but better
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123