Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "3.1 Issues and Discussion"

I'm on 3Gs and have upgraded to 3.1 My Winterboard is not working even though I've updated to the latest Mobile Substrate. All other Cydia hacks do work.

So those who have 3.1 and Winterboard working, are you on 3Gs??? I'm trying to determine what's different from you guys and us who it's not working on. And what version of Winterboard are you running.

Thanks.

Is it worth the update? I've heard a ton about coma mode lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    Is it worth the update? I've heard a ton about coma mode lol.
    Frankly, I don't see any benefits aside from I can now install DropBox. That's about it. I would have been happy with Winterboard and 3.0. Just hoping saurik works on an update.

Alright, got everything working in 3.1 on the 3Gs. Had to re-jailbreak, as my Cydia wasn't updating. After the reinstall, Cydia updated and shows the newest Mobile Substrate and newer Winterboard. It works flawlessly.
    Last edited by contempt; 2009-10-06 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I updated to 3.1 last night. The creation of the custom FW went well on my friends Mac. Updating my iPhone on my Windows box was just like installing a stock FW. Once it was finished updating to 3.1 I had no carrier logo (known issue), but I also didn't have any service of any kind. I did not check the "Activate the phone" during the general setup of pwnage, as I have a legitimate AT&T account. I did some searching and couldn't find anywhere it says that I shouldn't have service after the upgrade. I installed ultrasn0w and now have service.

My phone always interfered with speakers in my house. You could "hear" incoming text message and data transfers over the speakers. That has gotten noticeably worse with the upgrade. It is louder and it is now interacting with speakers it didn't before the update.

As for battery life I'm running some tests now. It seemed to hold up well overnight only losing 1-2% in standby which is normal.

I have no problems with Winterboard I installed my old theme and it works flawlessly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by contempt View Post
    I'm on 3Gs and have upgraded to 3.1 My Winterboard is not working even though I've updated to the latest Mobile Substrate. All other Cydia hacks do work.

So those who have 3.1 and Winterboard working, are you on 3Gs??? I'm trying to determine what's different from you guys and us who it's not working on. And what version of Winterboard are you running.

Thanks.
    I have a 3G[s] on 3.1 and Winterboard works fine from the start. All my Cydia apps were installed via PkgBackup, including Winterboard. I SSH'ed my custom theme back into the /var/stash/Themes/ folder, leaving the default themes there- just added my custom themes. rebooted my iPhone and applied the theme. make sure you reboot your iPhone after installing Winterboard before trying to apply a theme. Havent heard much about that lately, but it was mandatory to reboot after installation on older FW.

Faster boot time

But iphonebroswer v1.9 doesn't seem to be compatiable. Any other solutions to adding themes from your pc into winterboard?
    Last edited by gp1029; 2009-10-06 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

make sure you update Cydia before installing winteboard, works fine then.

Push was causing my phone to heat up and battery to die quickly. turn it off if you don't need it.

Carrier image is gone, but using Makeitmine in Cydia gave me back the words anyways

iPhone? More like MyPhone jeezy45's Avatar
    Thanks

if i restore my iphone to factory instead of backup will i still be able to backup and get all my contacts etc..or will i lose everything and have to put them back in again manually?

Quote Originally Posted by gp1029 View Post
    Faster boot time

But iphonebroswer v1.9 doesn't seem to be compatiable. Any other solutions to adding themes from your pc into winterboard?
    Try upgrading to iPhoneBrowser 1.93
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Or just using winSCP...
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by nikozen View Post
    I updated to 3.1 last night. The creation of the custom FW went well on my friends Mac. Updating my iPhone on my Windows box was just like installing a stock FW. Once it was finished updating to 3.1 I had no carrier logo (known issue), but I also didn't have any service of any kind. I did not check the "Activate the phone" during the general setup of pwnage, as I have a legitimate AT&T account. I did some searching and couldn't find anywhere it says that I shouldn't have service after the upgrade. I installed ultrasn0w and now have service.
    After you installed the custom FW, did you select the restore from backup option or the set up new iphone option? I read somewhere that if you do the restore from backup, you lose your service and that you should choose the set up new iphone option instead.

Thanks

always set up as new phone to avoid problems

hi ho neighborieno! 3gs with 3.1 here. just banged it out last monday (10-5-09). winterboard worked from the get-go. the only issues i have is that the vibrate toggle in sbsettings does NOTHING and my battery life SUX. i have turned off push and 3g. gonna redo the fw install tonight i think and set it up as a new phone on my xp laptop. oh, and i fixed the missing carrier logo with fakecarrier. wish me luck! :P

So old hat!
    Still discussing 3.1?
    I hope no one has updated to 3.12 yet....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

aight lets see i updated to 3.1 everything went fine except the carrier logo is missing and when i go to settings general about it says network "not available any idea/help with this?

Both known problems with no fix.
    Is it a problem?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have a question. Been jailbreaking from the beginning, but this still confuses me.

I am currently on a 3GS, with JB 3.1 FW using PwnageTool 3.1.3. If and when a new PwnageTool comes out for FW 3.1.2, can I simply UPDATE using a custom 3.1.2 FW, or should I RESTORE using it?

It's a pain in the butt re-installing apps and doing back ups. An UPDATE would be much better.

I love the way people ask questions like that when I'm still trying to find out basic details of 3.12....

Quote Originally Posted by fletch713 View Post
    After you installed the custom FW, did you select the restore from backup option or the set up new iphone option? I read somewhere that if you do the restore from backup, you lose your service and that you should choose the set up new iphone option instead.
    I've done both. I've restored from backup and set up as a new phone and don't get any service until I install UntraSn0w.

Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    always set up as new phone to avoid problems
    Yes setting up as a new phone is find and dandy, but it's not an acceptable option. When I update to a new FW I do not want to load in hundreds of contacts by hand and lose text messages/notes. I've never had any problems when restoring from backup on a new FW. But that might just be me getting lucky.

Oh as far as battery life, I did a full charge/discharge cycle and I seem to be getting slightly better battery life than I did on 3.0.1.

Thanks

load hundreds of contact? i just upload my contacts from my sim card. i click.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast