Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I use pwnage 3.1.3 to fix stuck 3gs 3.0.1 (FW 04.26.08)?

Question Can I use pwnage 3.1.3 to fix stuck 3gs 3.0.1 (FW 04.26.08)?
    I had a perfectly running redsn0wed 3gs. I wasn't dumb enough to upgrade to 3.1 but I was dumb enough to do an 'erase all content and settings' before giving it to a work colleage. All I had to do was remove mail accounts and a few apps and songs

Well it got stuck in apple boot logo and tried to re-redsn0w to fix as had helped with other problems before. Redsn0w stuck on activating and the phone still sticks at apple logo.

I left the phone in the box knowing a 3.1 restore would fix phone but lose the JB and forseeable change of unlock.

My question is can I use the custom FW file created with pwnage 3.1.1 to fix this since it will apply a restore in itunes but keep the correct baseband intact?

The Dev-Team (thank you guys by the way) states "assuming the phone was pwned at 3.0 or 3.0.1" well mine is, but it's just stuck at apple boot.

Any ideas folks?

TIA

since the baseband is reserved, you don't have much to lose...

i'm guessing you don't have your ECID files?
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

sk1d00 (2009-10-04)

Hurray got it working.

I followed the pwnage 3.1.3 how to on iClarified. And it worked a treat. Only missing carrier ID, but I'll search for that fix now.

Thank you thank you thank you DEV-TEAM;donation coming your way this week

addendum: I patched no carrier using Make it Mine in Cydia
    Last edited by sk1d00; 2009-10-04 at 09:55 PM.