Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!

Default Help!
    I hope someone can help me!

I bought an iPhone 3G[S] the day it came out, and have since not had the time or patience to jailbreak it properly. I'm currently running iphone os 3.0 but my phone is offline because it went into recovery mode when I attempted to upgrade it to a jailbroken 3.1.

I honestly haven't kept up to date with methods for jailbreaking since my 3G. Can someone tell me what my options are??

I've changed my hosts file to reflect Saurik's server, and I have non-jailbroken versions of os 3.0, 3.01 and 3.1

SOLVED!!

As I'm used to the trial and error method, holding a useless phone in my hands wasn't helping me much at all. That meant it was time to start 'xperimentin. Read read read... download download download, run r- got it! In the end, it was purplera1n's jailbreaker that finally cracked my 3g[s]'s shell. After purplera1n jailbroke my phone, all I had to do was restore through DFU mode in iTunes.

Christ I wish it were that simple.

See iTunes still wouldn't load my custom .ipsw onto my phone. I had a problem where for some reason iTunes could not load something onto my phone while it was in DFU mode or recovery mode. So I jumped back onto the forums looking for a workaround. Someone mentioned that you could actually just alt/option+click restore when the iPhone is running to get the whole thing done quicker. It worked. iTunes put my iPhone into recovery mode by itself and loaded up my custom .ipsw.

I am currently restoring my backup Oh happy day!
    Last edited by TheMerovingian; 2009-10-03 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Solved!