Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: redsn0w for 3.1?

Smile redsn0w for 3.1?
    hi, new here.

does anyone know if a proper jailbreaking software for WINDOWS for 3.1 will be coming out anytime soon. Call it redsn0w, quickpwn or pwnage tool, whatever, but for windows that supports all versions of iphones and ipod touches. Has the devteam indicated that something like this is in the works now that they have pwned 3Gs.

Something centralised and working so that people don't have to hit and try several custom firmwares before successfully jailbreaking 3.1.

thanks for any appropriate info.
    Last edited by litteraround; 2009-10-03 at 12:19 PM.

sooo, here's the deal, and I really hope I only have to post this once (but there will be others, no doubt there ...):

1) noone knows. the dev team does not give ETAs. My believe is that they first bring out a bugless version of pwnagetool (considering the whole missing-carrier-logo buisness and all)

2) why several tries and stuff? just create a custom firmware, restore, done.

i thought that my extra emphasis on WINDOWS made it clear that i cannot create a custom firmware since i am not on a mac and hence can't use pwnage tool to do it. if i am not mistaken, i think that windows users have to rely on custom firmwares floating around the net to restore using itunes. some of these work, some don't, as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by litteraround View Post
    i thought that my extra emphasis on WINDOWS made it clear that i cannot create a custom firmware since i am not on a mac and hence can't use pwnage tool to do it. if i am not mistaken, i think that windows users have to rely on custom firmwares floating around the net to restore using itunes. some of these work, some don't, as expected.
    oh, alright then. well, then all I can tell you is: noone knows. but I guess "soon", whatever you want that to mean if you have a friend with a mac you can use theirs, just as a tip, but I guess you know that