Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 3.1

Default iPhone 3GS 3.1
    Hello All,

I'm new in the iPhone buisnes and therefore, please try to help me as much as possible...

I got Yesterday an iPhone 3GS 3.1 from Canada and I would like to jailbreak and unlock it... I understand that as for now this is not possible however, this will be possible sometime in the future...

Could you explain when and how should I know that this becomes possible? Is there any other option worthwhile trying?

Thanks,
    George

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

No one knows. The Dev Team does not give hints, progress updates, or release dates. Could be days, could be months... the unlock may never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigra16V View Post
    I did find this now: Jailbreak iPhone 3GS on iPhone Firmware 3.1 is Successful | Redmond Pie

Any idea what if this is real?
    yes, but notice that they only JAILBROKE the device. if you depend on an unlock, I wouldn't hold my breath. like poseidon said, it could be that there never will be an unlock.
    also, as of now it seems they only pwned 3.1 when you are on 3.0 pwned. if you have a fresh, unjailbroken iphone it might not work

So I might have spent my money for vain...? :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Tigra16V View Post
    So I might have spent my money for vain...? :-(
    sorry I don't have better news, but that's possible, I guess even likely. best course of action is either use it as an ipod/gaming device and wait (if you can use it as an ipod) or sell it