Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HUGE problem on my 3G(s)

Angry HUGE problem on my 3G(s)
    Saw a post last night about a Cydia app called FWchanger -- thought I might be able to install and trick the App Store into thinking I'm on 3.1 so I could download new apps.

Well, long story short, this process resulted in my firmware being registered as " () " and the phone goes into safe mode repeatedly. I did a general "reset all settings" and that did not fix the issue. When I connect to iTunes my software version is "n/a" -- I certainly screwed this up and I don't want to restore to 3.1 if that will mean I'm f***ed for upcoming JB.

FYI, running JB 3.0 firmware.

While all of my settings have been reset, it appears SBSettings is still active and I'd be able to SSH to add/change/delete any files I messed up during this process.

EDIT: I'd really appreciate it if one of the iPhone file system "experts" could PM me and try to walk me through fixing what I've screwed up. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone help? Please?
    Last edited by eballesq; 2009-10-02 at 02:47 PM.

so you can still use your phone just in safe mode?
    can you not run the app to reset your firmware?
    also there is a windows application that changes your firmare through recovery mode (google it, it was used back in the days of 3.1 Betas and pretending your phone was 3.0)

Like A Boss

Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    so you can still use your phone just in safe mode?
    can you not run the app to reset your firmware?
    also there is a windows application that changes your firmare through recovery mode (google it, it was used back in the days of 3.1 Betas and pretending your phone was 3.0)
    Yes, the phone is working in safe mode.

Tried googling and haven't found anything -- does anyone else know how to do this?

It seems as though there should be a way to edit a file through SSH and correct the settings so the phone "remembers" it is running 3.0 firmware?
    Last edited by eballesq; 2009-10-02 at 04:02 PM.