Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone in Recovery Mode

Default Iphone in Recovery Mode
    Need a little help. My Jailbroken iPhone 3GS is in recovery mode right now (running 3.0, used PurpleRa1n). I get an error message after trying to restore from backup in iTunes and can't do a regular restore otherwise I'll have the 3.1 software. It's been stuck on the boot screen for awhile, is there anything I can do?

ps-sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread, in a mad rush.

depends ... if you don't need an unlock you can restore to stock 3.1 and wait for a jailbreak to be released.
    if you depend on an unlock DO NOT UPDATE TO 3.1, no matter what, it will leave your phone USELESS!

unless you stored your ECID SHSH in cydia, there is no way to go to another firmware than 3.1 on a 3GS. so if you need an unlock, you have to wait until you can create custom firmwares for the 3GS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesaur View Post
    Need a little help. My Jailbroken iPhone 3GS is in recovery mode right now (running 3.0, used PurpleRa1n). I get an error message after trying to restore from backup in iTunes and can't do a regular restore otherwise I'll have the 3.1 software. It's been stuck on the boot screen for awhile, is there anything I can do?
    Your still running 3.0 and didn't update/restore 3.1, right? Restore from backup shouldn't have hosed your iPhone 3GS. Try the following, it should take it out of recovery mode.

1. Disconnect iPhone 3GS from your PC.
    2. Press and keep holding the Sleep/Power button while pressing the Home button for 10 seconds or until the Apple Logo appears.
    3. Release both buttons. Your iPhone is now out of Recovery mode and will boot up normally.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown