Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: recommended to upgrade to 3.1?

Default recommended to upgrade to 3.1?
    im debating on whether or not i want to restore using a custom ipsw for my 3G 3.0 iphone which is currently jailbroken w/redsn0w .8. I LOVE 3.0 and have ZERO problems with it, every app works that i have/need right now, all my cydia apps like winterboard, make it mine, etc etc all WORK flawlessly. My question is...is it worth upgrading to 3.1 to get that and the newest carrier updates? (i dont have a texting plan so idc about MMS messaging).

do all cydia utilities work like winterboard, make it mine, and other cydia-only apps as well as things like SSH'ing over wifi AND usb work still to put in themes etc etc? Apps like Aptbackup, Springback, and Applinks.....if important things like this dont work then i will be super annoyed if i updated and have to go without things i am so used to having and use on a regular basis. So if someone can tell me or direct me to a list of things that work/dont work or if u know off the top of your head for 3.1 i'd greatly appreciate it!

oh and btw....since my phone is already on 3.0 and jailbroken, if i restored to a custom ipsw...obviously my phone would be completely wiped and i'd have to put all my apps and themes back on there again, correct? (i dont like restoring from a backup in iTunes ever, i do everything clean and manually).

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If the things you mentioned are not important to you (MMS))I would suggest just waiting for a while. Most believe there will be another update soon to deal with a few issues people are having.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

iphonerookie (2009-10-01)

thank ya much thats what i figured....i was just curious as to whether or not the carrier update would be beneficial in helping to stop lower signal at times and dropped calls i get pretty often.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Again, I think it's a trade off at this point. Search the threads about it to make an educated decision for your self.