Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just purchased 3GS with 3.1 loaded..

Question Just purchased 3GS with 3.1 loaded..
    My timing is obviously impeccable.

I've searched the forum extensively. I understand that the phone I have cannot be jailbroken or unlocked in its current state, but I've seen lots of scattered information about Basebands warnings, IBSS and IBEC signature requirements, and additional information regarding the current state of jailbreaking and downgrading a 3GS.

My question is essentially, as an individual with a new phone, waiting for a Dev team solution, is there anything I need to do to prepare? Save anything? Back up anything etc...Or am I literally just dead in the water?

Thanks for the info...

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

i would go back to 3.0.(1) and register with cydia just to be safe. no telling if it is going to help but it cant hurt.

besides most of my buddies on 3.1 hate it and complain about freezing and battery problems
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

Um, I was under the impression that I was unable to downgrade. Has this changed?

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

here is one link but there are others if you search.

i do not know the details but it is possible from what i have read. not sure about if your phone came with 3.1 you will have to research.

here is what a guy i know used to downgrade.

good luck
    Last edited by fletch33; 2009-10-01 at 04:25 PM.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

well, there are two scenarios here:

first is: you need an unlock. if so, go ahead and sell the phone, because it's unlikely an unlock for the 3GS 3.1 will come in the near future (maybe there won't be an unlock ever).

second: you only need/want to jailbreak. if so, just wait it out until the dev team releases a JB for 3.1 3GS and go from there.

If you purchased a 3Gs with 3.1 you will not able downgrade to 3.0

If you upgraded your 3Gs from 3.0 to 3.1 and your 3.0 ECID was not hashed on the cydia server, you will not be able to downgrade to 3.0.

You will have to wait for the 3.1 JB.

As far as what do now.... wait, pray, check this site and the dev site every 5 mins!

Seriously - if you are at 3.1 now, you should at least get your 3.1 ECID hashed on the Cydia server now so when the next firmware version comes out, you will always be able to go back to 3.1.

Thanks

U just purchased a "waiting for jailbreak" device. No you can't downgrade so that's that and also u can't unlock as there isn't an unlock yet...

Maybe you are back in luck, some minutes ago it was posted by one of the dev team that it is in fact done, JB is possible now.

I cant post the link here, but pls check in twitter for cpich 3g

I hope this will make you the same happy as me, because I am in the same shoes :-)

Cheers

H