Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help anyone!!!

Default help anyone!!!
    ok im going to explain whathappened i i need someone to elp me through this.

last week i mistakenly updated my jailbroken iphone 3g to 3.1. i know dumb move...so now my phone is locked out on the connect to itunes screen i was on 3.0.i tried EEVERYTHING. i tried to restore in itunes whileholding the shift key and findin my firmware and it sends me to the connect to itunes screen on my phone. i triedusing redsn0w and it does the whole jailbreak thing but after the pineapple logo goes away i get sent back to the connect to itunes screen.

i installed iitunes on my girlfreinds laptop cause i triedto roll back from 9.0 on my computer and it says missing files ... im at my wits end.im seriouisly going to throw my phone away if i cant get it to work.

someone told mei may need a custom ispw but i tried that and nothing happened but the same stuff.

like i said it was a complete mistake i upgraded. what can i do just to get it to work again? i use my phone for work and its hurting me alot because i dont have a phone. someone help

iphone 3g.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

So right now your issue is getting it to restore so you can use it, not unlocked and jailbroken right? Have you tried DFU mode and just restore on the laptop?
    In case you it them here' s how... and DFU mode should give you a black screen.
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

yupppp did that and no prevail.....is it possible to recover your phone after itunes locked it out?

bump
    Last edited by killeryoshi; 2009-10-02 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

iTunes should recognize it if it were in DFU mode. Try different USB port or cord.

it recognizes it but after it does the restore thing it sends me back to the connect to itunes screen. when i jailbreak it with redsn0w it turns white then shows updating the hd screen then then pineapple screen for like 10 min then returns right back to the connect to itunes. anything i do it sends me back to the connect to itunes screen. ill try it again right now on my girlfriends laptop cause for some reason my comp wont let me run itunes.ugh!
    lol

day later still no success. should i just buy a new phone? or destroy this one?

day later still no success. should i just buy a new phone? or destroy this one?
    Last edited by killeryoshi; 2009-10-02 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

If it will not restore in iTunes correctly make sure your using the correct .ipsw for the firmware the phone is on. Here's a link in case you need it.

so if when i updated my 3.0 phone to 3.1 on accident, its at 3.1 then?

Thanks

Yes,

i feel like such a noob now .sorry for beingfustrating

Thanks

No worries

ok well im goingto let it download and im going to work, ill be back later and post if i have any problems...thank you once again.

it gave me error 6. fyi im using itunes 8.0 because numerous people told me to stay away from 9.0 is that true? should i update ?

im updating my itunes
    Last edited by killeryoshi; 2009-10-03 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

If you update to 9.0 and do a restore to 3.1 you may not be able to jailbreak your phone (no jailbreak for windows on 3.1 yet) and unlocking it if you have a need will maybe never happen cause it also updates the baseband.

wow it worked. i cant believe it....all along it was the firmware....i always mess up mundane stuff like that. it looks odd. i havent seen it this new since i jailbroke it the first time .....thank you for all the help. so i cant jailbreak it until dev team releases the jailbreak for 3.1 right?

Thanks

Correct
    Great news, glad it worked out for you.

lol i was half doubting it actually working. thank you once again. i hope you get many black caddies with millions of dollars in them.lol but yea thank you thank you thank you...