Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade iPhone 3G 3.1 to any firmware EASY via windows xp

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Downgrade iPhone 3G 3.1 to any firmware EASY via windows xp
    Hello fellow iPhone victims, looking to downgrade your 3G?

Are you tired of your 3.1 firmware because apple just likes to take advantage of innocent people like you and I? Well I have your solution (took me a while but I did it)

MARE SURE YOU FOLLOW EVERYTHING CORRECTLY BECAUSE I AM NOT LIABLE FOR YOUR IPHONE 3G STATE THEREAFTER. IN OTHERWORDS, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

First things first (THIS WILL ONLY WORK ON A IPHONE 3G on a windows XP platform, vista is unknown, haven't tried it)

You need to download this software and version of itunes.

1. download version 8.2 beta of itunes and install it. (MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service)

2. download the .ipcc file located here ( MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service)
    Next, insert the code and click DOWNLOAD, then click DOWNLOAD REGULAR!
    Extract the file to a place where it is easiest to find!.

3. Download the Firmware of your choice here (iPod and iPhone Firmware Download) I suggest the 3.0.1 firmware! but again thats me!
    next, download the firmware and extract to a place that is easiest to locate (REMEMBER!! PAY ATTENTION TO THE PHONE MODEL (E.G. IPHONE 2G, 3G, 3GS,ETC!)

4. Download Quickpwn here (http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads/wind ... ull-29141/)
    Install and extract to your desktop, when using Quickpwn, make sure you use the windows program, not the mac!

DOWNGRADING STEPS:

1. Connect your phone to itunes 8.2 beta
    2. Put your iphone is DFU MODE,
    steps:
    a) turn your phone off
    b) hold the power button for 3 seconds
    c) hold the home button for 10 seconds WITHOUT RELEASING THE POWER BUTTON!
    d) Release the power button after 10 seconds BUT continue to hold the home button untill your itunes dectecs your phone and states that your phone is in recovery mode! Make sure your Iphone is connected throughout this entire process!

3. Once your phone is in DFU mode, proceed to RESTORE via iTunes by holding down the "Shift" key and click "Restore". A window is going to pop up asking you to choose a file. Now, look for your desired firmware that you downloaded, click it, and open it. ( iTunes does the rest)

4. Once iTunes extracts the software, you should get a "1015" error code, BUT THATS OK!

5. Open up Quickpwn, LAUNCH, and follow the steps (MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS NOT PLUGGED INTO THE USB CABLE) Quickpwn should take your iPhone out of recovery mode, once this process is done and iTunes detects, TADA!!! you have your desired firmware back!!

6. CLOSE QUICKPWN

7. Go back to iTunes and hold down the "SHIFT" key and clikc "UPDATE". Now look for the .ipcc file that you extracted. (MAKE SURE TO CHANGE THE SEARCH FILE ON THE PROMPT WINDOW TO IPCC FILES, NOT IPSW FILES.) you know!, that tab you click when you are searching files, the one underneath the first blank bar when searching a file!!

8. Click update, install the .ipcc file and reboot your phone.

TADA!!! you have your desired firmware back, MMS , and the great TETHERING.
    the only thing that does not change is the baseband (bummer!) you need to downgrade the baseband to jailbreak your iphone. ( Sorry, I have no info on how to do that)

your welcome everyone and GOODLUCK!!

Thanks

another thread??

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think the first one got deleted, I cannot locate it.....but did it work for you?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Very thorough! Modmyi is holding a competition right now for tutorials and such. You should enter this one, but compliment it with step by step screenshots. Too many jailbreaking tutorials are just links to other forums.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

vbuen323 (2009-10-01)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nice tutorial, but the link for downloading QuickPwn doesn't work, it displays "Page Not Found", can you repair it or tell me what version of QuickPwn is necesarry??

Green Apple
    Thanks

the version I got is from this website. It's Quickpwn 3 full beta...something like that. Just look in the download section of this webiste and make sure that it is for windows, not mac!

as previously stated the quickpwn link is down and so is their website...so as of right now there is no way to download the latest quickpwn windows edition. or is there????

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kfiggz View Post
    as previously stated the quickpwn link is down and so is their website...so as of right now there is no way to download the latest quickpwn windows edition. or is there????
    I guess all I can do is wait or search for QuickPwn through the web

Green Apple
    Thanks

You can also use RedSn0w to JB iPhone once it has been restored..

What I'm trying to do is find out if I downgrade it to 2.2.1 if I'd be able to downgrade the BaseBand

Went into iTunes, I tried to downgrade from 3.0 to 2.2.1 with NO success. It displayed an error saying the iPhone couldn't be restored. Any advice??
    Last edited by iRick; 2009-10-04 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This version of itunes has expired.

My wifi stopped working since updating to 3.1, downgraded back to 3.0 and its not working again. I want to go back to 2.2.1. Any suggestions???

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRick View Post
    Fellas, the qwickpwn version beta is located HERE on this site Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com under the downloads tab. If you can jailbreak your iphone, I am sure you can find this program here on this site; this is where I got it from!

Look in the "DOWNLOADS" section for the quickpwn program.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfiggz View Post

Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - QuickPwn 3.0 Beta 5 Full

Quote Originally Posted by iRick View Post
    HERE: Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - QuickPwn 3.0 Beta 5 Full
    Last edited by vbuen323; 2009-10-06 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

this doesnt work i get a 1015 error everytime

Quote Originally Posted by viciousjay View Post
    this doesnt work i get a 1015 error everytime
    read again...

If I use the above steps to downgrade my 3G with 3.1 back to 3.0.1 with baseband 05.11.07 will I be able to reapply the BenM hack to get tethering back?
    Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

@ daps:
    you cannot downgrade the base band but if you follow the steps CORRECTLY, everything should work fine. I am using FW 3.0.1 because 3.0 doesn't have MMS or tethering.

Thanks...I downloaded the 3.0.1 firmware

Debating on if I should do this or wait for all these new hacks I hear will be coming out this weekend or soon.

I may go ahead and try the steps above. I guess if I get stuck I can always take it back to 3.1.

I just want my tethering back