Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help

Default Need help
    I recently jaibroke and hit the "make my life easier" botten and I got the *"This device has a pending TSS request" message. It's been 4 days since I did this and I still am getting the same message. I have a 3gs 32g with FW 3.0 on At&t. Is there anything else I have to do to get my ecid on file. Basically it's been pending for 4 days and I wanna make sure the request was sent.
    Thanx & please help

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

I thought he took the option out of Cydia. Because there was only a short window, before Apple stopped signing old firmware.

This functionality was offered, very near to the end of the window, by Cydia: one needed only to agree to have the process done, and your ECID was used on Cydia's server to generate and store a full set of SHSH blobs using Apple's signature process.

In doing this, over 50,000 3G[S] devices got their ECID SHSHs "on file", and are now prepared to continue to restore to iPhoneOS 3.0 indefinitely.

A Narrow Window
    Unfortunately, due to the timing of the release (it took a while for me to figure out how to do this effectively), many users failed to get their ECID's in by Apple's cutoff.
    Take a look at this article to get an understanding and make the changes to your hosts file to insure you get the 3.1 id saved when the time comes to upgrade and JB.

http://www.saurik.com/id/12
    Last edited by Cer0; 2009-09-30 at 05:39 AM.

Default Pending TSS
    I was told it opened back up. When i installed Cydia i had the option "Make my life Easier" button, so i pressed it and @ the top of my cydia screen it said "This device is pending a TSS request". This is where i read that is was opened back up.

[ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=789747]"Make my life easier" is back in Cydia - Mac Forums[/ame]

Thanx for the reply

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Hmmmm this is new. I wonder why he didn't mention it on his twitter or not anywhere else. This is good news though.