Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vibration issue

iPhone? More like MyPhone AmadeusKaelPyralis's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Vibration issue
    All right, so the other day I had my iPhone 3G, 3.0 jailbroken, plugged in and synced to iTunes. The screen went black for about 60 seconds, then came back. Ever since, I have noticed the vibration feature on my phone is gone. NOTHING vibrates. Call, text, turning it on silent/vibrate, activating Vibrate in settings...

What on Earth caused this, nothing I have done fixes it. I have tried turning on and off, syncing it, deleting everything new, deleting Cydia packages, fiddling with some settings... nothing. I really do not want to perform the whole fresh restore and rejailbreaking and reinstalling EVERYTHING.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

restore and re-jailbreak

Thanks

Actually... that did not work. You will be terribly surprised at what did though. No one here would guess it.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^the ring tone?

switching the phone on?

Thanks

AHAH! No... the phone was on and the ringtone had nothing to do with it.

I had to slap it.
    Right after I posted here and then cleared my phone, re-jailbroke it... the vibration still did not work. I googled it again, back to the drawing board and found this odd little post on a tiny message board forum. They said that 96% of users had success with slapping their phone once, with slight firmness, to correct the phone no longer vibrating. I was so skeptical... why on Earth would is slap my iPhone!? Reluctantly I did... and it worked. They claim the vibration motor gets stuck every now and again. They must be right.

(sorry for the late reply to everyone hanging on edge with this.)

Quote Originally Posted by AmadeusKaelPyralis View Post
    AHAH! No... the phone was on and the ringtone had nothing to do with it.

I had to slap it.
    Right after I posted here and then cleared my phone, re-jailbroke it... the vibration still did not work. I googled it again, back to the drawing board and found this odd little post on a tiny message board forum. They said that 96% of users had success with slapping their phone once, with slight firmness, to correct the phone no longer vibrating. I was so skeptical... why on Earth would is slap my iPhone!? Reluctantly I did... and it worked. They claim the vibration motor gets stuck every now and again. They must be right.

(sorry for the late reply to everyone hanging on edge with this.)
    loooool, no way

Thanks

Yea... no joking.

I found out many years ago that a little "tough love" works wonders on electronics. I used to have to slap my Discman around a little sometimes. I probably would have just hit the phone without even thinking about it just cuz it was annoying me. That solution makes perfect sense.

Plus the vibrate feature (at least on the 3g[s]) is so weak it's pretty much worthless anyway. Definitely not worth the hassle of restoring and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    I found out many years ago that a little "tough love" works wonders on electronics. I used to have to slap my Discman around a little sometimes. I probably would have just hit the phone without even thinking about it just cuz it was annoying me. That solution makes perfect sense.

Plus the vibrate feature (at least on the 3g[s]) is so weak it's pretty much worthless anyway. Definitely not worth the hassle of restoring and all that.
    it's a phone, not a sex toy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    it's a phone, not a sex toy
    HA HA ******* HA

Not everyone can keep their ringers turned on all the time. And when you can't feel your phone vibrate in your pocket, that's a pretty ****** worthless vibration function in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    HA HA ******* HA

Not everyone can keep their ringers turned on all the time. And when you can't feel your phone vibrate in your pocket, that's a pretty ****** worthless vibration function in my opinion
    yeah, well, I can feel it, but other phones have a stronger vibration, true.
    Still, I was just kidding, don't get upset ;-)