Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What is the status on 3gs JB for 3.1FW

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default What is the status on 3gs JB for 3.1FW
    Been awhile since the 3.1 was released.
    And for those who screwed up ( including my self ) May wonder
    how much is left before we are welcomed backed into the fun!!

So, does anyone know how it is going with the jb?
    have they stoped working for it? is soon done or can we just sell our 3gs and get a 3g and then wait for the 3gs jb to be released in the year or so??

Would be real nice with some words from someone within the jb teams.

Bam

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Be patient.

Green Apple
    Thanks

been patient, and still are.

But "be patient" didnt answere the question at all

Thanks

Because there is no answer. It's not out and nobody knows when it will be out.

Default Patient
    I agree patience is a virtue, we should be and I myself am trying to be. I owe a great deal to the dev team and others. I was hoping the delay was because of a possible mms firmware update. Now I'm a little worried. Luckily my mom has a 3.0.1 3G[S] which I politely advised her not to update. LOL at least I can trade her. I to would just appreciate some comment. It is kicking our buts or it's done, be a few days, anything. Maybe the dev team only have 3g and not the 3G[s]. Regardless I shall wait... Thank you to the dev team I have faith in you and sometimes we all need to realize that you have jobs,families,schooling, and other things to do than sit around and hack stuff for us.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

the answer is a lemon.
    try refreshing this page Dev-Team Blog - 3 ? fun! for a little while.. never know something might come up.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Thanks

3.1, were already on 3.3 JB. Where u guys been? J/K, sit and be patient cause it's the only way. Unless you have connections.

Green Apple
    Thanks

im gonna be patient and hope for some guy/girl who knows, or even are within the devtems to respond.

Would be real nice of them to just let us know how its going.

Thanks

They (the Dev Team) at one time would give ETA's on releases, but the last time it backfired pretty bad and they have said that they would no longer give any type of ETA's.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for a usefull answere

( unlike the rest )

With the MMS available to 3GS users on 3.01, is there a compelling reason to go to 3.1?
    32GB 3GS 3.1.2
    16GB 3G 3.1

^ There is no good reason to go 3.1 right now, unless you really want to use 3GS voice command via bluetooth. But 3.1 right now is pretty bad, with suddenly stop working and draining battery... I dont see a reason to go 3.1 myself... Besides it cannot be jailbroken yet on 3GS
    iPhone 4 32GB. Jailbroken!

I still like my GV app, my Vending Machine theme, 5 columns and the ability to check out what things Cydia has to offer. I would like MMS but even with ways to enable that on on a JB iPhone I haven't really gotten around to it, so I guess it's not high on my priority. 3.01 JB certainly isn't bumming me out by any means, especially with most iPhone & Windows apps having been patched and working again since iTunes 9 and 3.1 FW. Thanks to all the devs devoting their blood, sweat and tears to what ultimately makes MY gadgeting so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by istorm View Post
    ^ There is no good reason to go 3.1 right now, unless you really want to use 3GS voice command via bluetooth.
    I didn't even know this feature was available on 3.1 although I haven't upgraded yet. I agree though I can hold out and enjoy my 3.01 with MMS and tether for now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

What you should do is drop everything in your life and become a Dev Team stalker! Find out where they live... travel all around the world and pester them about the jailbreak... send them letters... hang out on their front porches... yeah that will definitely help speed the process along! Or you could realize that the jailbreak will be released when they have a stable, safe, and tested version... and not one second before then... and absolutely no one knows when this will happen. Kthanks.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Napoleon_PhoneApart (2009-09-30)

the question is what is apple doing differently on the 3gs the on the 3g that is making it harder and harder to jailbreak?

I have already wrapped my head around the idea that 3.0 will be my last OS, which is ok I guess. My 3GS runs flawlessly, does everything I need it to do, has every feature I need and wanted, my MMS works, etc etc.

Without my Theme, JB apps and tweaks... this phone is just another smart phone, but with fewer features and capabilities than most.
    There is NO WAY I will ever upgrade from 3.0 if a jailbreak never comes... and I can live with that I guess.

The only thing that will suck is, when updates for my app store apps start coming out and require you to be running 3.1 in order to update.
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post

The only thing that will suck is, when updates for my app store apps start coming out and require you to be running 3.1 in order to update.
    Actually it will only be new apps you will be stuck for, if they are only 3.1 compatible - which if Apple does that I can see plenty of people complaining about it. Existing apps you own and are installed on you 3.0 device remain on your device when you update - it just doesn't put the new version on for the 3.1 firmware because it isn't compatible.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post
    it just doesn't put the new version on for the 3.1 firmware because it isn't compatible.
    Exactly my point! This will be an issue when apps I have already bought get upgraded or enhanced with new features etc... I wont be able to enjoy them.
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Hmmmm, as someone with an iPod Touch 1st Gen, I'm feeling even more impatient, since the OS X jb has been out for a few weeks now, and STILL has not come out for windows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast