Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help! mms problem

Default Need Help! mms problem
    Ok guys, this is my first post becuase I don't know what to do. I am running an iphone 3gs with 3.0.1. I had mms working fine with stealth's ipcc, but I installed swirlymms and hated it and decided to uninstall. Now the camera option on my regular mms app is gona\e even after I try upgrading with ipcc's again.Somehow swirlymms took that option away. I can't get it back on no more no matter what I do. So this has left me with the option to do a restore. So my question is since I have not upgraded to firmware 3.1 and I am still using itunes 8.2 , Can I do a restore from a downloaded 3.0.1 firmware and rejailbreak again? Or will it not let me restore anymore?

if you havn't saved your 3.0 ECID in cydia, you can only go to 3.1, sorry.

Yes cydia says that it is stored in file. Should I follow that guide to downgrade even though im not downgrading since im still using 3.0.1?

Quote Originally Posted by durdan1 View Post
    Yes cydia says that it is stored in file. Should I follow that guide to downgrade even though im not downgrading since im still using 3.0.1?
    the important thing is WHAT file cydia stored. does it say 3.0 or does it say 3.1?
    if it says 3.0, you can use the downgrade guide to get to 3.0 (there is no point in going to 3.0.1 and it probably wouldn't work anyway)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Have you checked your Messaging app settings to make sure it wasnt toggled off?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

durdan1 (2009-09-28), reaves205 (2009-12-20)

It says this device has a 3.0 ECID SHSH on file. So I guess I use the downgrade guide? btw thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Have you checked your Messaging app settings to make sure it wasnt toggled off?
    OMG IM so HAPPY LOL. It was that now I have the camera back!! A BIG THANK YOU SIR!! Btw Im from south texas too, rio grand valley area.
    Last edited by durdan1; 2009-09-28 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by durdan1 View Post

OMG IM so HAPPY LOL. It was that now I have the camera back!! A BIG THANK YOU SIR!! Btw Im from south texas too, rio grand valley area.
    Glad you got it and didnt have to go thru a restore. I haven't been to the valley in a few months. I am from San Antonio

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

durdan1 (2009-09-28)

... I guess sometimes the easy solutions are the better ones

Thanks

^ I can't tell you how many restores I have done when the answer was something so easy

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

^Ditto! Gotta love a phone that has a lot of bells n whistles though