Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone doesnt show up on my computer

Default iphone doesnt show up on my computer
    hi! been running on 3.0 and installed some rock apps and uninstalled them (dunno if this started the problem). for some reason, which i dont know, whenever i plugged my iphone (3.0, j/u/a) on the pc or mac it was not recognized as a scanner (on pc) like it was used to . and in mac, iphoto doesnt recognized it as well. i have no idea what ive done with it lately. so itried upgrading it to CFW 3.1. but the problem persist. any idea on how to solve this? thanks in advance!

stupid question but: do you actually have something in your camera roll? because otherwise the phone isn't recognized as a camera (not scanner ;-))

yes i do have lots of pictures on my camera roll. sorry for the stoopid question. there are times that i took photo using a clearcam, and not the legit cam on the iphone for much clearer look. any ideas how can i solve this? luckily, i tunes can detect it. copying pictures thru ssh is kinda laborious... and this kind of thing, on the iphone isnt normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoynoob View Post
    yes i do have lots of pictures on my camera roll. sorry for the stoopid question. there are times that i took photo using a clearcam, and not the legit cam on the iphone for much clearer look. any ideas how can i solve this? luckily, i tunes can detect it. copying pictures thru ssh is kinda laborious... and this kind of thing, on the iphone isnt normal.
    strange. I suppose a restore should fix it if you wanna go through that ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

Pinoynoob (2009-09-28)

already went through a restore, and update to 3.1 cfw. before i was running on a jailbroken 3.0. thought this would fix it. after the restore the pc still did not response to the iphone, like the prompting of the camera (sumthin like that). restored it using my backup on itunes and app backup (using cydia apps). thanks for helping me BlackWolf. any ideas on what the cause is?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoynoob View Post
    already went through a restore, and update to 3.1 cfw. before i was running on a jailbroken 3.0. thought this would fix it. after the restore the pc still did not response to the iphone, like the prompting of the camera (sumthin like that). restored it using my backup on itunes and app backup (using cydia apps). thanks for helping me BlackWolf. any ideas on what the cause is?
    not really. maybe it's a problem with the connection cable, though I doubt that if you can restore your phone ... if a restore doesn't fix it, take it to apple if it's still under warranty. let's see what they have to say

already tried it on other pc and mac. also, different cables. tried the cable on other iphones and works ok. but mine still doesnt goes well. if everything doesnt work... may be i should return it to apple.

edit: i just saw my receipt... its out of the warranty... any ideas please???
    Last edited by Pinoynoob; 2009-09-28 at 01:50 PM.