Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems downgrading to 3.0.1 on 3G from 3.1

Default Problems downgrading to 3.0.1 on 3G from 3.1
    I keep getting a 1015 when I try to downgrade a 3G accidentally upgraded to 3.1. I need a little help with this. Running both Windows Vista, iTunes 9 and Mac OS X iTunes 9. Any help? Can do on either machine.

The Error is what is supposed to happen. You can either go ahead with your jailbreak( which needs the recovery mode that you're in ) or use irecovery to get it out of recovery and then set up as new phone and then jailbreak.

Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VonSwanko For This Useful Post:

KawiKami (2009-09-28)

Much thanks, had not read up too much on it, went past that error like 13 times already, however, I was on itunes 9. I'm downgrading to iTunes 8.2.1 now, and will post results, just read up on the full tutorial a minute ago, and am now aware of it, iTunes 9 is already unistalled, or I would continue. LOL

EDIT: Is this able to be done on iTunes 9? I'm having trouble finding a decent copy of 8.2
    Last edited by KawiKami; 2009-09-28 at 05:36 AM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It should work on iTunes 9. If you want to downgrade iTunes you can find older versions at oldapss.com

note: error 1015 seems to be related to a baseband mismatch but I think you can ignore it and continue. If you want to downgrade your baseband you can do so with fuzzyband from cydia if you have bootloader 5.08 which fuzzyband will detect for you if you don't know. I'm not sure how to continue with the downgrade process if you try to go past the error but it seems you can find the answer with tutorials through mmi or google it. Good luck.

Im sorry oldapps.com**
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2009-09-28 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It does work on iTunes 9 for the last upgrade, didn't try for the initial downgrade tho, finally got it done. It was a pain, but it happened. Updating cydia, adding sources, etc, etc now. Thanks for the help guys.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't want to jailbreak, but just downgrade my firmware from 3.1 back to 3.0.1 but I am having the same error message with itunes. someone told me to use quickpwn to take the phone out of DFU mode, but I don't know how to use it! and I am running on xp at work, but at home I use vista

How can I do this?!! someone help me!!

thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Like I said 1015 is an error relating to a mismatch of baseband and firmware. There are forums here that cover how to downgrade from 3.1 properly. If you can't find a solution you'll have totry to jailbreak and downgrade your baseband if you have bootloader 5.08. You can use quickpwn by installing it, running it and following the directions it tells you it's very simple you don't have to "know how" to if you can read

Would you mind giving me some direction when it comes to finding these threads about downgrading from 3.1? I would greatly appreciate it...

Question iRecovery
    When I try to downgrade 3g to 3.0.1, and try to open irecovery in terminal typing iRecovery -s i get following "-bash: /sbin/iRecovery: cannot execute binary file"

Can any one help in solving this problem.

I think that just means u have no ecid on file with cydia server

Default iRecovery
    i have not jailbreaked my phone and would like to keep it that way.
    i believe if i use irecovery i can reboot my phone. but irecovery is not running, do i have to install any other program?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Use Quickpwn for windows to get your iPhone out of recovery mode after downgrading the software. Don't use iRecovery, it doesn't work

I have an iphone 3g and I had used the BenM.at for tethering, I upgraded to 3.1(before it was known that you would lose tethering) and lost my tethering. If I use the steps listed in another post. Can I downgrade my iphone 3G back to 3.0.1 I know the baseband will still be 05.11.07 but would I be able to reapply the BenM hack and get tethering back? I'm not really interested in jailbreaking.

Thanks