Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken iphone accidentally upgraded itunes, now in emergency only mode!

Default Jailbroken iphone accidentally upgraded itunes, now in emergency only mode!
    I have an original iphone that was not upgraded when I jailbroke it successfully. I accidentally downloaded the current upgrade from my mac to the iphone. Now it is in emergency mode. It gets worse.
    I lost the original sim card and can't find it. Do I have to have the original sim?

I did get another iphone (old) and it is upgraded to the most current itunes software. Tried to jailbreak it with same software from previous jailbrake and it won't work. Is the phone able to be jailbroken if it has the most current itunes? I used redsnow.

Please help, thank you so much.

I did the same thing (accidentally upgraded to 3.1). I have a 2G iphone and recently upgraded to itunes 9 running on OS X. Even after successfully going through the latest jailbreak procedure on this site (using the pwnage tool version 4.6), I get the same Emergency phone only screen when starting up the iphone. When I connect to itunes I am prompted to enter a valid ATT account code which I don't have. I use a corporate ATT SIM from my blackberry. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.