Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 2g HElP!!!

Default Iphone 2g HElP!!!
    I bought my second iphone yesterday, its an iphone 2g 8gb but when i bought it. It was in the restore iphone screen, the one that shows a usb cable and itunes. So i bought it thinking well i'll just go home and restore it. But everytime i try to restore an error always appear if it isn't 1604 its 1611 and im getting tired of this ****. While its restoring it always flashes white just once and it turns black. Itunes still says Preparing to restore iphone. Sometimes it goes to the screen where the apple and a load bar appear but it never loads anything it just stays there for probably a minute anad then it restarts and then the damn itunes and usb screen starts again. I need help i bought this for my sisters birthday which is today.

are you restoring to an official apple firmware?
    have you tried shutting itunes down, deleting everything in

CUsers\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\Device Support\

and then starting itunes again and trying again? that should do the trick.

well im trying to jailbreak it so i can use it with t-mobile

Well im getting tired of the ****. I've been doing it since last night i haven't slept. Im ******* pissed, i keep getting the damn 1611 error. Everytime it goes to the apple with the bar in teh bottom but it doesn't load anything
    Last edited by Catdeerduck; 2009-09-27 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Catdeerduck View Post
    well im trying to jailbreak it so i can use it with t-mobile

Well im getting tired of the ****. I've been doing it since last night i haven't slept. Im ******* pissed, i keep getting the damn 1611 error. Everytime it goes to the apple with the bar in teh bottom but it doesn't load anything
    did you read my post and do what I told you to?

Yes i did but its still does the same thing. It goes all the way to the apple with the loading bar and then it stops