Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone 3.1 3GS

Default New iPhone 3.1 3GS
    So I ended up getting a replacement 3GS (long story), but much to my surprise it has 3.0.1 (YAY!).
    Now before I do something stupid and plug it into iTunes, is it possible to JB, and how can I synch my data without doing a restore? Any ideas?

I reall wrote this story A LOT these past day, but here we go ...

as I understand you, you do not need an unlock? if so, it's pretty much straightforward procedure. run redsn0w to JB, sync with itunes as you would normally. I wouldn't waste too much time in setting up your phone, as a 3.1 JB may become available soon :-) if you don't want to update to 3.1, get settled with 3.0.1.
    remember to go into cydia when you are jailbroken and click the "make my life easier" button to capture your SHSH which allows you to restore to 3.1 even if apple stops signing it in the future.
    also, remember that if you screw your phone right now, you can only go to 3.1 which is not jailbreakable right now!

Got it JB, no problem and did "make my life easier" in Cydia. Downloaded winterboard, and now stuck on the apple. Tried restore via Saurik, but getting 3002 error.
    I noticed after I hit "make my life easier", there was a msg at the top of the screen that said something like "pending TSS request" Do I just need to wait a while and try again. Does it take a while to register and hash the info?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyman View Post
    Got it JB, no problem and did "make my life easier" in Cydia. Downloaded winterboard, and now stuck on the apple. Tried restore via Saurik, but getting 3002 error.
    I noticed after I hit "make my life easier", there was a msg at the top of the screen that said something like "pending TSS request" Do I just need to wait a while and try again. Does it take a while to register and hash the info?
    yep, could take a while, can't really say how long because I havn't hashed the 3.1 manually, sorry.
    make sure you restore from DFU mode, not normal mode. also make sure it's 3.1 you are restoring to ... you will have to life without a jailbreak for a while, but what you gonna do?