Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Noob question

Default Noob question
    Ive only jailbroken once before at like 2.2.1 and it was an easy process, but i have a few questions that i cant remember the answers to.

since there is no 3.1 jailbreak out for the windows users, i have access to a mac but do i need to resync my iphone to that computer to jailbreak my phone or if i do it can i keep all my files on it?

Also, since i dont need to unlock ( im perfectly fine with AT&T, full 3G service all around me wherever i go, never dropped a call, fast internet, price could be lower and MMS couldve been out sooner but im find ) i just need to jailbreak so what program should i use, and which one is the easiest?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDXDragon View Post
    Ive only jailbroken once before at like 2.2.1 and it was an easy process, but i have a few questions that i cant remember the answers to.

since there is no 3.1 jailbreak out for the windows users, i have access to a mac but do i need to resync my iphone to that computer to jailbreak my phone or if i do it can i keep all my files on it?

Also, since i dont need to unlock ( im perfectly fine with AT&T, full 3G service all around me wherever i go, never dropped a call, fast internet, price could be lower and MMS couldve been out sooner but im find ) i just need to jailbreak so what program should i use, and which one is the easiest?
    Assuming it is a 2g or 3g phone you could use iTunes 8.2 or 8.2.1 and update to 3.0 or 3.0.1 and be fine.
    Sync your phone to the new computer and after you jailbreak all info will be there.
    I would say use redsn0w 8, much more stable.

my phone is 3.1. Thats what i was saying, there is a mac version out but not a pc version. I have access to a mac but my iphone is synced to my pc so i was wondering if i jailbreak my phone on that mac will i lose anything or does it not need to resync?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Misunderstood you, didn't realize that you had already updated it.
    I remember seeing a tutorial on the iClarified site about syncing to multiple computers, this would be the only way to retain you data.

you don't even need to sync to multiple computers.
    just create your custom IPSW on the mac. then you either restore on the mac or on your PC, it doesn't matter at all. after that, just sync with your PC -> everything is back on your iphone.