Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Respring causes phone to reboot loop

Exclamation Respring causes phone to reboot loop
    First let me appologize in advance if I have posted this in the wrong forum. I use MMI to read and find answers to my questions. I usually can find the anwers to my question just by reading. But I am really stumpped on this one. I don't even know what anwser to search for. Here is my problem. . .

I have a 3g 16gb. Jailbroken using redsn0w 8. sbsettings installed. Kate from RipDev installed. SSH installed

When I do a respring the phone goes into a reboot loop. Screen goes black Then the Apple appears for a minute or so then the spinning icon appears on top of the apple. Then the spinning icon goes solid on top of the apple. After 10 sec or so the phone makes a few dings and turns to black screen then starts all over again.

What in the world is going on?

Kate is most likely the cause.....because it sux and is most useful for crashing a phone.

Unfortunately, your left with needing to restore your phone

PS- Dont use Kate.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

SeptemberC (2009-09-24)

I have restored. . .I was just affraid that what ever had caused the problem would still be lingering even though I did the restore.

I use Kate for . . .#1 Calendar list on LockScreen. Contacts birthdays PUSHED to Calendar. Privacy time. (No notifications after 11:00pm until 5:00am when my Alarm goes off) and custom SMS sound.

Are there apps that I can install to do this so I don't have to have KATE anymore?

Also does a restore COMPLETELY remove all stray app files?

Quote Originally Posted by SeptemberC View Post
    I have restored. . .I was just affraid that what ever had caused the problem would still be lingering even though I did the restore.

I use Kate for . . .#1 Calendar list on LockScreen. Contacts birthdays PUSHED to Calendar. Privacy time. (No notifications after 11:00pm until 5:00am when my Alarm goes off) and custom SMS sound.

Are there apps that I can install to do this so I don't have to have KATE anymore?

Also does a restore COMPLETELY remove all stray app files?
    Restore wont completely wipe everything, but you should be fine.

1. Custom SMS sound can be done with winterboard or SSH.

2. Calendar list on lockscreen can be done with Intelliscreen, among a host of other things (I love this app).

3. There is an app ive seen in Cydia that will push birthdays....however I cant think of the name at the moment.

4. There is an app in "Rock your phone" that will let you set profiles to keep everything silent at certain times.

Anyways, not anything that will do everything as an "all in one", but you can achieve everything.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

SeptemberC (2009-09-24)