Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ECID SHSH Question

Default ECID SHSH Question
    Hi Everyone...

I have an iPhone 3GS with firmware 3.0.1. When starting cydia, it says that I have ecid shsh 3.0 on file? Shouldn't it show 3.0.1?

Also, I decided that I wanted a copy of my shsh blobs on my computer, incase something ever happens to saurik's server. I followed the tutorial on how to extract the shsh from sauriks server, and for some reason, I can ONLY extract my ECID SHSH 3.1 files, no files for 3.0 or 3.0.1, which indicates that I dont have 3.0 or 3.0.1 on file, because only 3.1 files are returned.. See umbrella method below:

The Firmware Umbrella

I also tried to restore back to firmware 3.0.1 using saurik's signing server, and it says the following:

"Verifying iPhone restore with Apple" and then..."This device isn't eligible for the requested build" ??

don't try to restore to 3.0.1, try 3.0. that should always work when you have a 3.0 SHSH on file.

secondly, you cannot get the 3.0(.1) SHSH files anymore because apple is not signing them anymore (which is the whole point of getting them in the first place). you can only get 3.1 SHSH files as of now. but that doesn't mean that the cydia server didn't get them in the past. if you clicked "make my life easier" in the sort period of time where 3.0 was still signed by apple, the 3.0 SHSH is on file on sauriks server.

Thanks for your reply.

I did try to restore to using this file: iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
    but I still get the same error:

"Verifying iPhone restore with Apple" and then..."This device isn't eligible for the requested build" ??

But please note, that I'm not in restore or DFU Mode, I simply added saurik's signing server to my host file, and then did the shift+restore option in iTunes. Should the phone be in Recovery / DFU mode for it to work? because as I said, it didnt work in normal mode, even when using the 3.0 fw ipsw file.

Quote Originally Posted by FaNIX View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

I did try to restore to using this file: iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
    but I still get the same error:

But please note, that I'm not in restore or DFU Mode, I simply added saurik's signing server to my host file, and then did the shift+restore option in iTunes. Should the phone be in Recovery / DFU mode for it to work? because as I said, it didnt work in normal mode, even when using the 3.0 fw ipsw file.
    try dfu mode. if it doesn't work, check your hosts file again. you sure your edits saved and you did them correctly?

I have a 3GS with firmware 3.0
    Cydia has my ECID SHSH on file.
    Never updated to 3.1 either.

I'm trying to restore my iphone to 3.0 but I keep getting this error "This iPhone is not eligible for the requested build". (no error code mentioned). Tried with iTunes 8.2 no luck!

I have also updated the host file with Saurik's server. Also made sure that I did not comment the added line for Saurik's server.

did a "ping gs.apple.com" and no issues... successful

Everything seems to be okay....
    but I cant restore my iPhone to 3.0

Just installed iTunes 9 and still no luck!
    any advise?

Quote Originally Posted by keneth_c View Post
    I have a 3GS with firmware 3.0
    Cydia has my ECID SHSH on file.
    Never updated to 3.1 either.

I'm trying to restore my iphone to 3.0 but I keep getting this error "This iPhone is not eligible for the requested build". (no error code mentioned). Tried with iTunes 8.2 no luck!

I have also updated the host file with Saurik's server. Also made sure that I did not comment the added line for Saurik's server.

did a "ping gs.apple.com" and no issues... successful

Everything seems to be okay....
    but I cant restore my iPhone to 3.0

Just installed iTunes 9 and still no luck!
    any advise?
    are you sure cydia has your 3.0(!) SHSH on file. because a 3.1 SHSH won't help you ...

yup

Last edited by keneth_c; 2009-09-30 at 03:32 PM.