Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flashing NOR probs in iPhone 2G version 3.0

Unhappy Flashing NOR probs in iPhone 2G version 3.0
    I previously had my iPhone 2G jailbroke with Cydia working perfectly. Recently I was downloading apps from the other sites to make work those Apps without Authorizing from iTune Store. When I done as how they guided, my jailbreak was lost. After i tried to jailbreak it. but, it wouldn't jailbreak.
    Reason: I was able to get up to the "Flashing NOR" step during reboot. it seems to freeze after 10 minutes (give or take), it seemed to have timed out and the phone rebooted. When it came back, the normal non-jailbreaked phone came back (no Cydia, Installer, etc.).
    can anyone help me in this regard???

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

restore to the factory fw first, then jailbreak from there.

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    restore to the factory fw first, then jailbreak from there.
    i couldnt because in iTunes it says SIM card is not valid

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

try to put the iphone in dfu mode...do a search on here of how to put the phone in dfu mode...I'm just too lazy to type it up...hihihi.

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    try to put the iphone in dfu mode...do a search on here of how to put the phone in dfu mode...I'm just too lazy to type it up...hihihi.
    ya i tried in that DFU Mode and restored the IPSW file "iPhone1,1_3.1_7C144_Restore.ipsw" and i tried to once again jailbreak using redsnow software. but same prob which i mentioned above

Quote Originally Posted by pugssuriya View Post
    ya i tried in that DFU Mode and restored the IPSW file "iPhone1,1_3.1_7C144_Restore.ipsw" and i tried to once again jailbreak using redsnow software. but same prob which i mentioned above

redsn0w can't jailbreak 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by joemamawilder View Post
    redsn0w can't jailbreak 3.1
    Then when i tried in QuickPwn it says IPSW file not suits.Whether there is any possibility to restore my Firmware to 3.0???

If you want the phone to be jailbroken, then yes, you'll need to restore to 3.0 or 3.0.1

-Either way, download the firmware you want (if you want to go to 3.0.1 then you must also download 3.0 ipsw)
    -Restore the phone to that firmware
    -If you're gonna try redsn0w again, then you must select the 3.0 ipsw when prompted(that you should have downloaded), even if you restored to 3.0.1
    -After several minutes you should be done

This should do it for ya.

While i use IPSW file to Restore via iTunes i can do it with only with the IPSW file which is used in firmware 3.1.But, when i use redsnow i can only use the IPSW file which is used for firmware 3.0 .When i restore and Jailbreak with respective IPSW file it shows some downloading process and again returns to non broken mode