Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Re-jailbreak & Re-unlock

Default Re-jailbreak & Re-unlock
    I have Jailbroken & unlocked My 3G 3.0.1 using redsn0w 0.8 ..but in settings > about it still shows 3.0 (I used the iclarified tutorial) ..is it possible to re-jailbreak for 3.0.1 ? and then unlock?...since now I am using a T-mobile sim..(I had done the first jailbreak using a working AT&T sim) ...so is it possible to repeat the jailbreak process with an T-mobile sim (I dont have the AT&T sim with me now)?..or it will work only with AT&T?...also where can I get tutorial for 3.0.1 jailbreak & unlock...thanks!..please help me!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If it's working right now then just stick with what you have. There is no reason whatsoever to have 3.0.1.

Thanks

No, leave it at 3.0. The 3.0.1 JB uses the 3.0 FW.

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    No, leave it at 3.0. The 3.0.1 JB uses the 3.0 FW.
    Thank you!..So jailbroken 3.0.1 shows 3.0 in settings for everyone..so no "real" 3.0.1 jailbreak..what abt the sms security issue in 3.0..is that covered in the jailbreak? ...also my second part of the questions...So i have to have an working At&t sim to jailbreak & unlock.....can I use any other sim working/non-working?..thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by aussiep View Post
    Thank you!..So jailbroken 3.0.1 shows 3.0 in settings for everyone..so no "real" 3.0.1 jailbreak..what abt the sms security issue in 3.0..is that covered in the jailbreak? ...also my second part of the questions...So i have to have an working At&t sim to jailbreak & unlock.....can I use any other sim working/non-working?..thanks!
    I think you're mixing some stuff up.
    if your phone shows 3.0, then you have 3.0, not 3.0.1.
    as for the sms fix ... whatever, seriously. it's only for the paranoid. who in the world would want to hack your iphone?

as for the unlock: if you're jailbroken, all you need to do to unlock it is add repo666.ultrasn0w.com to your sources in cydia and then install ultrasn0w. there is no re-jailbreaking required to do that.