Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS can i jailbreak it?

Default 3GS can i jailbreak it?
    I have tried redsnow and no go,im on 3.0.1 and now stuck with the usb to cd screen.
    I just want to jailbreak not unlock,can it be done?
    thanks

nope, not yet.... sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    nope, not yet.... sorry
    wh00t? redsn0w on 3.0.1 works fine, regardless of iphone type.
    why did it not work? please give a more detailed error description :-)

Yes Jailbreak on 3.0.1 works just fine! I jailbroke and unlocked my 3gs 2 days ago on 3.0.1

it got stuck in usb to itune mode so had to restore with 3.1 so think its not able now grrrr

Oh. If you're on 3.1, no. Not until a 3.1 JB is released.....and you had BETTER get your IBEC and IBSS this time!

[QUOTE=and you had BETTER get your IBEC and IBSS this time![/QUOTE]

whats that?

Quote Originally Posted by waksat View Post
    whats that?
    it doesn't really matter since you only need to jailbreak. you might need those files to JB, but you can always get them. they are really important if you need to unlock though.

the iBEC and iBSS are files you can only obtain during a phone restore when you restored from dfu mode. they are probably needed to create custom 3GS firmwares ... it's not yet known if redsn0w needs them.

You CAN NOT "always get them". If I could, I'm jailbroken on 3.0 on a 3Gs. Tell me how to get mine? You can't. Why? Because Apple no longer signs 3.0 restores. You CAN always get them on 3.1, for now. But I'm pretty sure that Apple will not remove the downgrade blocking BS from the next FW. If anything, it'll get worse.......

3.1 is a jailbreakable FW. Apple is headed towards locking out the jailbreakers. So, when 3.1.1 drops and there's NO JAILBREAK FOR 3GS,and you DON'T have your iBEC and iBSS, you ain't ever gonna downgrade or jailbreak again, if you have to do a restore, UNLESS the Dev Team creates a workaround. Which I don't doubt for a second that they'll accomplish. But how long will that take? 1 month? 6 months? So, once a 3.1 jailbreak drops, anyone who likes a jailbroken iPhone had better secure a copy of those. Seems Apple is working over time to c*ck block us!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shred Nasty View Post
    You CAN NOT "always get them". If I could, I'm jailbroken on 3.0 on a 3Gs. Tell me how to get mine? You can't. Why? Because Apple no longer signs 3.0 restores. You CAN always get them on 3.1, for now. But I'm pretty sure that Apple will not remove the downgrade blocking BS from the next FW. If anything, it'll get worse.......

3.1 is a jailbreakable FW. Apple is headed towards locking out the jailbreakers. So, when 3.1.1 drops and there's NO JAILBREAK FOR 3GS,and you DON'T have your iBEC and iBSS, you ain't ever gonna downgrade or jailbreak again, if you have to do a restore, UNLESS the Dev Team creates a workaround. Which I don't doubt for a second that they'll accomplish. But how long will that take? 1 month? 6 months? So, once a 3.1 jailbreak drops, anyone who likes a jailbroken iPhone had better secure a copy of those. Seems Apple is working over time to c*ck block us!!!!!
    I think you're mixing up some stuff here.
    he doesn't have to downgrade, at all, because he clearly stated he doesn't want to unlock.
    if he is on 3.0 or 3.0.1 right now, he can unlock via redsn0w without the iBEC and iBSS.
    IF those two files are needed to JB 3.1 (which I think will not be the case as soon as a 3.1-compatible redsn0w is released) he can still get them at ANY time by simply restoring to 3.1 via iTunes. done.

same goes for your situation: right now, you are on 3.0. if you don't want to lose your JB, you cannot get your iBEC and iBSS right now, that's true. but as soon as a 3.1 JB is released, you can simply restore to 3.1, grab the files, then restore to a custom 3.1 FW - that's it. of course only as long as you don't need to unlock! when you need to unlock everything changes because you can't upgrade to stock 3.1 to grab your files!