Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hellish Nightmare: Downgrading 3G v. 3.1 to 3.0

Default Hellish Nightmare: Downgrading 3G v. 3.1 to 3.0
    Hey guys, I'm hoping that I can get some help here. I looked at some other solutions posted on the forums but none of them have been working for me so far. Here's my story:

First, I have an 8GB black iPhone 3G. I run a Macbook Pro with Leopard and iTunes 9. I also have an old WIndows XP desktop also with iTunes 9.

I am not unfamiliar with jailbreaking and unlocking iPhones. I used to do it all the time with the 2G until I switched to other phones. I recently acquired this iPhone and I decided to update and jailbreak it like usual. Of course I was rusty and I had forgotten some of the processes. I just saw that you can jailbreak 3.1 now and I proceeded to update.

Stupidly, I updated to 3.1 via iTunes directly without a custom IPSW. I ended up with an iPhone with an upgraded firmware and baseband. Fortunately, I am ATT so the phone was still activated.

I have decided to switch back to 3.0 because I have been unable to jailbreak 3.1 successfully with Pwnage 3.1 I keep getting the 1600/2005 error with every custom IPSW i make. There was another thread where one person had the same problem as me, but he successfully jailbroke his. I did not.

I also found this other thread by chrischarles2002 who successfully downgraded to 3.0 using Windows. I have tried this method as well, but before I can even begin the restore process, I would receive the 1603 error. I was using iTunes 9 instead of 8.11 in the guide.

I am going to try the same method again with an older version of iTunes, but I am not hopeful. I have had too many failures with every attempt and I am hoping that some of you guys may have had some success in this problem.

By the way, the baseband issue can be solved with Fuzzyband in Cydia. I haven't gotten that far though, so I cant tell you if it works personally or not.

I know its a bit of a long post, but I hope I have provided all the information necessary. Please help!

This forum is strictly for 3G[S] downgrading.
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

This link will have the info you need.

Thread moved to proper forum.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshuaadude View Post
    Hey guys, I'm hoping that I can get some help here. I looked at some other solutions posted on the forums but none of them have been working for me so far. Here's my story:

First, I have an 8GB black iPhone 3G. I run a Macbook Pro with Leopard and iTunes 9. I also have an old WIndows XP desktop also with iTunes 9.

I am not unfamiliar with jailbreaking and unlocking iPhones. I used to do it all the time with the 2G until I switched to other phones. I recently acquired this iPhone and I decided to update and jailbreak it like usual. Of course I was rusty and I had forgotten some of the processes. I just saw that you can jailbreak 3.1 now and I proceeded to update.

Stupidly, I updated to 3.1 via iTunes directly without a custom IPSW. I ended up with an iPhone with an upgraded firmware and baseband. Fortunately, I am ATT so the phone was still activated.

I have decided to switch back to 3.0 because I have been unable to jailbreak 3.1 successfully with Pwnage 3.1 I keep getting the 1600/2005 error with every custom IPSW i make. There was another thread where one person had the same problem as me, but he successfully jailbroke his. I did not.

I also found this other thread by chrischarles2002 who successfully downgraded to 3.0 using Windows. I have tried this method as well, but before I can even begin the restore process, I would receive the 1603 error. I was using iTunes 9 instead of 8.11 in the guide.

I am going to try the same method again with an older version of iTunes, but I am not hopeful. I have had too many failures with every attempt and I am hoping that some of you guys may have had some success in this problem.

By the way, the baseband issue can be solved with Fuzzyband in Cydia. I haven't gotten that far though, so I cant tell you if it works personally or not.

I know its a bit of a long post, but I hope I have provided all the information necessary. Please help!
    Hey! use my guide locate Here on modmyi
    Use your windows machine. Follow all the steps EXACTLY as they are written. And use the EXACT software (version and all) that I specify. I promise you that it will work! message me if you need help. I'll be more than happy to offer assistance.

thanks for the info guys, but im trying to downgrade to 3.0. i cant do any customizations with 3.1.

edit: i finally managed to downgrade to 3.0. I ran pwnage 3.0 with a custom IPSW with a partition of 600. it finally worked. erhgiauerhgea.
    Last edited by joshuaadude; 2009-09-19 at 11:56 PM.