Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First gen to 3gs

Default First gen to 3gs
    I have a first gen iPhone that is jailbroken and unlocked. I'm going to get a 3gs today and was wondering if I need to do anything prior to going down and getting it. I realize that I will have to re jailbreak the new phone. Just wanted to make sure I won't run into any complications when they swap sims. I'll still have my contact list, right? Just not my settings?
    Thank you for your time!

I know if u get it from AT&T they will ask u if u want to swap sims. But if u have had the same sim for a while it might not be a 3g sim card and u will need a new one. Best thing to do is sync your phone before getting the new one and when u connect the 3gs u will have all ur contacts and stuff on ur phone. I just did the same thing unfortunatly it came with 3.1 so I'm patiently waiting for jailbreak. But it game me the option to use a back up file but I chose to set up as new phone.

Hope that helped. Let me tell u though once u get ur 3gs ur mind will be baffles with how fast this phone is. It's unreal

Thank you! That is exactly what I wanted to know. Looking forward to the speed!