Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 476

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: HOW TO JAILBREAK iPhone 3G 3.1 on windows

  1. #121
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 83 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Deviatorz View Post
    Actually I decided to open cydia to check for updates (and boy were there many) and so i updated them all. afterwards i had to respring and viola, im no longer in safe mode. i guess that when the phone started up, it was using older, incompatible versions of cydia apps like bossprefs or w/e and it crashed since its on new firmware 3.1. im going to tinker around a bit more to see if its good for sure so don't get ur hopes up. thanks
    cool! hopefully that fixes everything for ya.

  2. #122
    so possibly dumb question, when i uninstall itunes 9 to then install itunes 8.2 will i loose my music and and stuff? i'm no tech savvy and was just wondering before i do it

  3. #123
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 83 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye07 View Post
    so possibly dumb question, when i uninstall itunes 9 to then install itunes 8.2 will i loose my music and and stuff? i'm no tech savvy and was just wondering before i do it
    I wrote this tutorial as I did it on a freshly formatted computer. so my iTunes library was bare. I really dont know the answer to this. What if you copied your iTunes folder...the one in "my music" folder, and put it on your desktop. Then when you were done...move it back. Im not sure if that will work but it is def worth a shot.

  4. #124
    hehe... you really should all have virtual machines to play with itunes and the iphone... it makes much more fun

    lets say i have a notebook with win7. there i have my itunes with latest updated, my apps, my sound etc...
    if i try to jailbreak or to play with my iphone firmware i always start to do this on a virtual machine. Like this i never have to touch my itunes with my library. I always make a backup with the original itunes and when i'm finished with jailbreakin or upgrading i always connect my iphone to my lets say master itunes back again.
    Then i restore from the itunes backup and all the time everything was fine...

    but back to the current case...about the itunes restore from backup after connecting the iphone first time after upgrading fw and jailbreaking (from 3.0 to 3.1) i can confirm from my side that it was working perfectly... all my apps, my sounds, videos etc... i had before were back there again.

    same with cydia apps, after restoring with "aptbackup" really everything was back like before... inlcuding background, lockscreen, custom battery etc..

    my environment when i restored from backup after first time connecting to itunes after the jailbreak:

    Windows 7 Prof. 32-Bit Activated, iTunes 9, iPhone 3G 16GB FW3.1 simlock-free, jb

    I havent used any XP Mode or Compatibility Mode for iTunes in Win7, started it only with local-admin rights.
    Last edited by mr.magic; 2009-09-21 at 01:24 AM.

  5. #125
    Hey phillip your inbox is full so i cant reply until you clear, but to answer your question:

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip84
    Could you click on "store" at the top of iTunes and then click "authorize computer"?

    nope apparantly its authorised with 5 already :S dont remember going through 5 computers with it.

    My phone shows up,however its sync only so its all greyed out. My Library has no songs so i would have to let it sync up to this one so i would lose my songs, im not too bothered about losing songs, video etc (replacable) its my contacts and cydia apps im bothered about Would these remain untouched if synced it with a new library? Then after that it would just be a case of following the steps u gave wouldnt it?

    Thanks for your time over this

    Reply to my inbox please if its not too much trouble thanks

  6. #126
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 83 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.magic View Post
    hehe... you really should all have virtual machines to play with itunes and the iphone... it makes much more fun

    ...about the itunes restore from backup after connecting the iphone first time after jailbreaking i can confirm from my side that it was working perfectly... all my apps, my sounds, videos etc... i had before were back there again.

    same with cydia apps, after restoring with "aptbackup" really everything was back like before... inlcuding background, lockscreen, custom battery etc..

    my environment when i restored from backup after first time connecting to itunes after the jailbreak:

    Windows 7 Prof. 32-Bit Activated, iTunes 9, iPhone 3G 16GB FW3.1 simlock-free, jb

    I havent used any XP Mode or Compatibility Mode for iTunes in Win7, started it only with local-admin rights.
    well crap. I wish I would have know this before haha. Thanks for confirming!

  7. #127
    Third time is a charm!. Canadian on rogers here. I followed the tutorial by phillip84 and it worked perfectly. The first two times didn't work because the firmwares were not the right ones. Just have to know where to look for the files. Thanks again phillips84!.

  8. #128
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 83 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sysrq2010 View Post
    Third time is a charm!. Canadian on rogers here. I followed the tutorial by phillip84 and it worked perfectly. The first two times didn't work because the firmwares were not the right ones. Just have to know where to look for the files. Thanks again phillips84!.
    no problem! just glad i could help!

  9. #129
    I need help....Its on 3.1 jailbroken and all but No signal (Im missing something)please help. Looking in my inbox but nothing.
    Last edited by fastwanabe; 2009-09-21 at 03:20 AM.

  10. #130
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 83 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by fastwanabe View Post
    I need help....Its on 3.1 jailbroken and all but No signal (Im missing something)please help. Looking in my inbox but nothing.
    you downloaded a bad copy of the custom 3.1 firmware. you'll have to find another one.

  11. #131
    it worked for me. I successfully jailbroke 1 generation 3.1 ipod touch. thanks ive been looking for a way to jailbreak for the past week.

  12. #132
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 83 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by zakelson7 View Post
    it worked for me. I successfully jailbroke 1 generation 3.1 ipod touch. thanks ive been looking for a way to jailbreak for the past week.
    awesome!

  13. #133
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London (UK)
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    This tutorial is great and helped me alot. +REP

  14. #134
    Thank you Phillip84 your help got me a new jailbroke iPhone. Thank you a ton

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by fastwanabe View Post
    I need help....Its on 3.1 jailbroken and all but No signal (Im missing something)please help. Looking in my inbox but nothing.
    look on TPB. DL the 3.1 custom FW with WO_ACT in the title. it worked for me and several others, installs cydia and icy and carrier logo

  16. #136
    PEOPLE THESE ARE THE REQUIREMENTS..I'VE DONE MY IPHONE 3G AND IT'S WORKING!

    YOU NEED:

    1.) ITUNES 8.2.0 (SEARCH FOR OLD APPS GOOGLE)
    2.) IPHONE O.S 3.0 (NOT 3.0.1) Hactivated (ALREADY JAILBROKEN)
    3.) CUSTOM FIRMWARE 3.1 : (SEARCH GOOGLE)
    4.) DO NOT STICK INTO DFU OR RECOVERY
    5.) LEFT SHIFT AND CLICK RESTORE
    6.) PLEASE WAIT....IPHONE WILL RESTORE TO 3.1
    7.) INSTALL ULTRASNOW VIA CYDIA (LOOK FOR INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO DO THIS)
    8.) REBOOT PHONE

    YOU'RE DONE! PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ALREADY UPDATED TO OFFICIAL APPLE FIRMWARE THEN..NO UNLOCK! MAYBE IN FUTURE BUT NOT FOR NOW!

  17. #137
    finally! a tutorial that worked, thanks!

  18. #138
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    GermanY
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    ( i used : iPhone 3G official apple 3.1 Software)

    Hay there :

    First of all : I'm from Germany but
    I will give my best to write as good as i can.

    THX alot for posting and making this tutorial.*hug*

    But I have a huge problem in understanding :

    so, I followed your tutorial 2 times with 2 different 3.1 Custom Firmwares which I found on the web with the result that both times
    i cannot write sms and call people because there is no "network".

    Summed up : the same error that many people have and you say :
    just try another Custom Firmware its no big deal.

    So with that problem I went to a german "iphone-hacking-board"
    and asked :
    " what did i wrong... why is the iPhone not finding my mobile network "
    They replied : "It was a huge failure to update to the REAL APPLE NOT CUSTOM 3.1 Firmware because this updated the "baseband" ( dunno what this exactly is )and now i cannot use my iPhone with anoter network then T-Mobile."

    Why they dont say anything like " check another Custom FW " like u did.
    What did you know what " the people in Germy " dont know.

    ( In germany the iPhones only work with this Network )

    Am i right, that your Tutorial deals with a REAL 3.1 updated iPhone via Applefirmware ?



    Can you maybe link me to an Custom Firmware that you used ? Via Private Mail e.g. ?
    Last edited by GCMaDe; 2009-09-22 at 12:54 AM.

  19. #139
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 83 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GCMaDe View Post
    Hay there :

    First of all : I'm from Germany but
    I will give my best to write as good as i can.

    THX alot for posting and making this tutorial.*hug*

    But I have a huge problem in understanding :

    so, I followed your tutorial 2 times with 2 different Custom Firmwares which I found on the web with the result that both times
    i cannot write sms and call people because there is no "network".

    Summed up : the same error that many people have and you say :
    just try another Custom Firmware its no big deal.

    So with that problem I went to a german "iphone-hacking-board"
    and asked :
    " what did i wrong... why is the iPhone not finding my mobile network "
    They replied : "It was a huge failure to update to the REAL APPLE NOT CUSTOM 3.1 Firmware because this updated the "baseband" ( dunno what this exactly is )and now i cannot use my iPhone with anoter network then T-Mobile."

    ( In germany the iPhones only work with this Network )

    Am i right, that your Tutorial deals with a REAL 3.1 updated iPhone via Applefirmware ?
    Ok, I will try to help you with as much info as I have on the "unlocking" aspect. Keep in mind though that this tutorial was intended to "jailbreak" 3.1 and not "unlock" 3.1
    I have never needed to unlock an iphone because my carrier (at&t) supports the iphone. To my knowledge, if your carrier does not support the iphone and you decide to jailbreak it without a tool released to unlock the baseband, then your phone will no longer work on your current carrier. Someone who knows more about unlocking will hopefully read this and correct my info if it is wrong.
    Now, if your carrier supports the iphone, you really don't HAVE TO unlock it and upgrading to a higher baseband would not have mattered because the baseband has nothing to do with jailbreaking.
    So...if the iphone is supported by your carrier then the fact that you have no service still means you just need to try a better copy of the 3.1 custom firmware.
    If the iphone is NOT supported by your carrier and you did not unlock it first then you may have rendered your phone unusable until a baseband downgrade tool has been release.

    Like I said, I need someone to verify this information I have given you. The unlocking process is something I have never had to do. My knowledge is strictly coming from things I've read. Please let me know if this makes any sense to you. I will continue to try and answer any further question you may have. Dont hesitate to ask me!

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip84 View Post
    Ok, I will try to help you with as much info as I have on the "unlocking" aspect. Keep in mind though that this tutorial was intended to "jailbreak" 3.1 and not "unlock" 3.1
    I have never needed to unlock an iphone because my carrier (at&t) supports the iphone. To my knowledge, if your carrier does not support the iphone and you decide to jailbreak it without a tool released to unlock the baseband, then your phone will no longer work on your current carrier. Someone who knows more about unlocking will hopefully read this and correct my info if it is wrong.
    Now, if your carrier supports the iphone, you really don't HAVE TO unlock it and upgrading to a higher baseband would not have mattered because the baseband has nothing to do with jailbreaking.
    So...if the iphone is supported by your carrier then the fact that you have no service still means you just need to try a better copy of the 3.1 custom firmware.
    If the iphone is NOT supported by your carrier and you did not unlock it first then you may have rendered your phone unusable until a baseband downgrade tool has been release.

    Like I said, I need someone to verify this information I have given you. The unlocking process is something I have never had to do. My knowledge is strictly coming from things I've read. Please let me know if this makes any sense to you. I will continue to try and answer any further question you may have. Dont hesitate to ask me!
    pretty much true. I find the tutorial posted above really dangerous as it doesn't make clear that this is only for users who DO NOT NEED TO UNLOCK THEIR IPHONE (besides the fact that posting a complete post with caps lock on is just offensive ... but whatever).

    @GCMaDe: I'm from germany as well, but I'm afraid that you can only use your phone with t-mobile germany simcards from now on (and possibly forever). you should NEVER EVER upgrade iphones to official firmwares unless it's clearly stated that it's safe (if you depend on an unlock). but admittingly, that won't help you now ... sorry.
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2009-09-22 at 01:42 AM.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •