Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HOW TO JAILBREAK iPhone 3G 3.1 on windows

Quote Originally Posted by psuann View Post
    how is possible i try but always iphone is in emergency mode after restored anyone help?
    ur using the wrong custom FW...If ur on an offical network you need a custom FW with WO_ACT in the title. if you unlock ur iphone to get service you need an activated custom FW. Look on TPB, they have several to choose from...
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

Default Currently @ 3.1.1 Jailbroken
    On windows, had 3.0 ipsw, downgraded, to 3.0 then upgraded with out activation successfully, and no problems, everything working.
    Want to know if I can take the newer updates above 3.1.1, and still stay jailbroken, or if I should wait. TIA

Smile unlocked n jb 3g w/baseband 04.26.08 - tmobile service
    finally after two days got everything back in order...

Previously had 3.0 with T-mobile service.

Created a 3.1.2_w_act.ipsw on my mac using DevTeam pwntool 3.1.4 then moved the file to my PC and custom restored my iphone using itunes 9.0.1 once all was done downloaded ultrasn0w from cedia and I'm up and running.
    thanks for all the posting and info.

hope this help someone.

I have a quick question. after I jailbreak my iPhone to 3.1 using this method, is it alright if I update my iTunes back to 9.0 ?

thank's brother you post

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJHush View Post
    I have a quick question. after I jailbreak my iPhone to 3.1 using this method, is it alright if I update my iTunes back to 9.0 ?
    Yes, I recommend installing iTunes 9.01, it is safe. iTunes 9 has one cool feature for iPhone 3.1 and 3.1.2 owners called app management. You can finally organize and manage our apps via iTunes.
    -appmanagement.jpg-itunes-9.jpg
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DJHush View Post
    yes its perfectly safe....9.x doesn't fiddle with the JB in any way.
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

My JB Unlocked 3G running 3.0 crashed when I tried to "Erase" its data...now it just shows apple logo, so I figured I'd do this to update the OS to 3.1.2, but I want to make sure I retain BB 4.26.08.

Do I still need to downgrade the iTunes to 8.2? or can I do this from 9.01?

Quote Originally Posted by jarednl4 View Post
    My JB Unlocked 3G running 3.0 crashed when I tried to "Erase" its data...now it just shows apple logo, so I figured I'd do this to update the OS to 3.1.2, but I want to make sure I retain BB 4.26.08.

Do I still need to downgrade the iTunes to 8.2? or can I do this from 9.01?
    Just download the 3.1.2 custom firmware for the 3g, and use iTunes 9.xx and shift-click restore and select the custom firmware.

You only need 8.2 if you want to downgrade from a higher firmware version to a lower one.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Caligula For This Useful Post:

SkyGuy5 (2009-10-27)

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Just download the 3.1.2 custom firmware for the 3g, and use iTunes 9.xx and shift-click restore and select the custom firmware.

You only need 8.2 if you want to downgrade from a higher firmware version to a lower one.
    Seriously? All I have to do is load the custom IPSW through iTunes? I don't have to use PwngTool or Blackra1n? This won't upgrade by BB from 4.26? It will still let me use Ultrasn0w?

Yes, that's all you have to do. You will retain your 4.26.xx baseband. Blackra1n is for people who updated to 3.1.2 through iTunes and had their baseband updated.

The custom restore retains your baseband.

Default Thoroughly confused
    Sorry guys, but I'm thoroughly confused.

I just got an iPhone 3GS under contract from AT&T running version 3.1 (7C144) with Modem Firmware 05.11.07 and my PC has Windows XP on it.

I want to jailbreak it and avoid having to do a "tethered reboot" issue. I was under the impression that I could do this if I bought an iPhone with 3.1 on it.

However, I'm not sure which tool I need to use and if I need to upgrade to v3.1.2 to jailbreak it. I find stuff for jailbreaking 3.0 and 3.1.2 and devices upgraded to 3.1.2, but nothing on 3.1 that was bought from AT&T.

BTW, I don't have an issue upgrading to 3.1.2, just don't want to have the tethered reboot issue and want to make sure I use the right firmware.

A little help for an iPhone newbie please.

i need to help a friend get to 3.1(.2) jailbroken without upgrading the baseband so they can still unlock

i have done so using pwnagetool on a mac, but my friend has no mac only windows, and he doesnt live nearby

he has already jailbroken at 3.0. is the solution as easy as me creating a custom 3.1.2 firmware for him using pwnagetool, and then sending him that file, which he can then use in itunes 9 to do a shift-restore and update?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes. He can shift/restore and target your firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by cashonly View Post
    Sorry guys, but I'm thoroughly confused.

BTW, I don't have an issue upgrading to 3.1.2, just don't want to have the tethered reboot issue and want to make sure I use the right firmware.

A little help for an iPhone newbie please.
    If your phone had 3.1on it then it was built pre week 40 so has the old iBoot.

BlackRa1n will work fine and not be tethered.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    If your phone had 3.1on it then it was built pre week 40 so has the old iBoot.

BlackRa1n will work fine and not be tethered.
    After reading about 500 different threads on this stuff im even more confused than when i started lol

Ok ... 3GS, 3.1, 05.11.07

Is the 05.11.07 the base end ?

I only need to jailbreak not fussed about upgrading but would prefer to use a custom.

Now as i get it i need to run Blackra1n, then upgrade to 3.1.2 custom and will be fine?

Is this correct or am i missing something or totally confused lol

Why do you want a custom FW? What's wrong with just updating to 3.12 and then using BlackRa1n?

05.11.07 is the Baseband and is the latest.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

RedAce (2009-10-31)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Why do you want a custom FW? What's wrong with just updating to 3.12 and then using BlackRa1n?

05.11.07 is the Baseband and is the latest.

I dont know why, just thought it was the better option .. Im completely thick when it comes to this sort of stuff ...

So i upgrade to 3.1.2 then run BR and all sorted? Seems to easy even for me lol

You need pwnage to preserve your BB if it's at 04.26.08 but as yours is already at 05.11.07 BR is the way to go.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

RedAce (2009-10-31)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Should i update itunes to 9.02 or wont that make any difference ?

Ok gonna go for it .. I'm on O2 anyway so i dont need to worry about unlocking it !

Cheers for the heads up mate

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast