Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HOW TO JAILBREAK iPhone 3G 3.1 on windows

if i wanted to jailbreak an iphone 3g on 2.1.2 i think it's on that firmware what tool would be the best to use or should i just upgrade it to 3.1.2 and use blackra1n ? can anybody help

Quote Originally Posted by Solid_Snake View Post
    I tried it and everything went smoothly, except that when everything was said and done, I had no signal and no option to select a carrier. I'm not sure if that was just because of the custom firmware I downloaded. I had to revert back to 3.1, since I needed my phone functions. I'm in Canada and on the Rogers network.
    I had the same problem, I reverted back to 3.0.1 and jailbroke it from there, anyone got any solutions to this?

Default step 13-14
    My iphone is in recovery mode but itunes dont recognise my iphone.
    Whats the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by SceneQueen View Post
    I had the same problem, I reverted back to 3.0.1 and jailbroke it from there, anyone got any solutions to this?
    its just the FW that you downloaded. you need the correct one. If you dont need ur phone unlocked for service you need a custom FW with "WO_ACT" in the title....I have a link to working FW for you if that would help...

I am having trouble.

I have a iPhone 3g 3.1 (7C144)Official

I have downloaded:

iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw (iPod and iPhone Firmware Download)
    iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore.ipsw
    redsn0w-win_0.8
    iTunes 8.2.0.23 (from the suggested link)

I enter my device into DFU mode and SHIFT click RESTORE and browse to {iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw} - I get the following error:

'the iphone could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible'

If anyone can help me with this I will have your babies (conditions apply)

Thanks in advance guys.

N.B.

When I downloaded iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw it was named iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.zip and i just renamed it too iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw - is that OK?

Thanks
    Last edited by Kr!s; 2009-10-13 at 08:23 PM.

I had 2.1 with a jailbroken 3g. First did a sync with iTunes 9.0 then updated with 3.0 firmware, then jailbroke with redsn0w. Everything worked fine, I kept all my apps but lost two that were not from Apple. Reloaded them and then sync again with iTunes. Just be sure to exactly follow the instructions.

I guess this is old school now that 3.1.2 is out?

Quote Originally Posted by Kr!s View Post
    I am having trouble.

I have a iPhone 3g 3.1 (7C144)Official

I have downloaded:

iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw (iPod and iPhone Firmware Download)
    iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore.ipsw
    redsn0w-win_0.8
    iTunes 8.2.0.23 (from the suggested link)

I enter my device into DFU mode and SHIFT click RESTORE and browse to {iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw} - I get the following error:

'the iphone could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible'

If anyone can help me with this I will have your babies (conditions apply)

Thanks in advance guys.

N.B.

When I downloaded iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw it was named iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.zip and i just renamed it too iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw - is that OK?

Thanks
    Don't know if that was a typo or not, but if you have a 3G you need the iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore, the original firmware you listed is for the 2G I think (iPhone1,1)

Now that 3.1.2 is out, there seems to be an easier fix. You can upgrade to that through iTunes, and then google search: Sinful iPhone 3.1.2 Blackra1n and you should get a hit for the forums where you can download Blackra1n. You only need to run that program to jailbreak (NOT UNLOCK) 3G 3.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by lol_release View Post
    I guess this is old school now that 3.1.2 is out?
    Not only is it out, but the Blackra1n program jailbreaks it pretty easily. You don't even have to fiddle with DFU or Recovery Mode, the program sends all the commands to the iPhone to enter the proper mode. Some people have had issues, but it seems nice to be able to not have to downgrade, jailbreak, and then do a recovery with a custom firmware.

This thread worked for me though, I went from 3.0.1 to 3.1 with the 4.xx baseband, but I've been thinking about going to 3.1.2, I just don't want to upgrade my baseband (even though I'm an AT&T customer)
    Last edited by Caligula; 2009-10-14 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Caligula For This Useful Post:

Kr!s (2009-10-14)

Thanks Caligula,

You were right, I had the wrong firmware version.

Thanks for that - jailbroken now and loving it !.

What shall we call our children ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

will this work with version 3.1(7C144) modem firmware 0.5.11.07

Quote Originally Posted by braddie View Post
    will this work with version 3.1(7C144) modem firmware 0.5.11.07
    yes indeed. As long as you dont need to unlock ur device to obtain service...

Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
    its just the FW that you downloaded. you need the correct one. If you dont need ur phone unlocked for service you need a custom FW with "WO_ACT" in the title....I have a link to working FW for you if that would help...
    would it be possible to send this to me as well? I am having the same issue with no service after getting the custom firmware, and reverted it back to 3.1 so it would work for now...

Quote Originally Posted by iDuckie View Post
    would it be possible to send this to me as well? I am having the same issue with no service after getting the custom firmware, and reverted it back to 3.1 so it would work for now...
    done and done sir...check ur inbox
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

15. The Following User Says Thank You to creasy425 For This Useful Post:

iDuckie (2009-10-15)

Cool it works wonderfully
    guys this method works on iphone 3g 3.1 using windows

just be sure you do follow the steps described

anyway u have to know that:

1. this method WILL NOT UNLOCK an iphone 3g 3.1

2. it will be best to create a custom ipsw by yourself using pwnage on a mac (a friends mac...)

3. now attention:
    a) if u have an iphone brought by contract with a network u have to create a custom ipsw selecting "activated" on pwnage
    b) if u have an iphone brought in a shop (without contract with a network) u have to create a custom ipsw selecting "not activated" on pwnage. You have to activate it via itunes AFTER the jailbreaking
    c) it would be best if you select only cydia or icy but NOT BOTH 'cause they conflict very much with themselves

done it?

Last edited by agucibu; 2009-10-15 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
    done and done sir...check ur inbox
    this ma'am thanks you.

Quote Originally Posted by iDuckie View Post
    this ma'am thanks you.
    YIKES!!!!!!!well it was 50-50 that I'd get it right...sorry about that, and hope it all works out for ya...

how is possible i try but always iphone is in emergency mode after restored anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by agucibu View Post
    3. now attention:
    a) if u have an iphone brought by contract with a network u have to create a custom ipsw selecting "activated" on pwnage
    b) if u have an iphone brought in a shop (without contract with a network) u have to create a custom ipsw selecting "not activated" on pwnage. You have to activate it via itunes AFTER the jailbreaking
    Isn't that backwards? If you bought the phone with a contract (for me AT&T), you don't activate. The custom firmware that I restored with (3.1.2) was a 'no activated' firmware.

I think if you don't have a contract, you have to use the 'hacktivated' setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Isn't that backwards? If you bought the phone with a contract (for me AT&T), you don't activate. The custom firmware that I restored with (3.1.2) was a 'no activated' firmware.

I think if you don't have a contract, you have to use the 'hacktivated' setting.
    You would be correct sir. WO_ACT is for those with AT&T, Rodgers etc, W_ACT is for those that unlock their iphones for service

ok gotta question for anyone who can help I jailbreaked my phone using blackrain everything is good but 2 things winterboard does not work and customize does not work. Everything else does need help so these problems can be resolved.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast