Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 476

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: HOW TO JAILBREAK iPhone 3G 3.1 on windows

  1. #21
    done it !

    but there still no Cydia inside. could it be possible because my 3G is on 3.1 (7C144) ( I looked this in my Iphone setting ), cause u mentioned that it need to be OFFICIAL 3.1. and yes, i did try other tutorial before.
    how to get the official back again & redo this again...huh... I think I need to get my Iphone to 3.1 not 3.1 (7C144) right?

    oh yes, btw, after all the 15 steps finish, i restore my last back up again, is that correct?

  2. #22
    i can confirm this method does work....just be careful which ipsw you use...i had to go thru 2 or 3 before i got one that worked completely

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to creasy425 For This Useful Post:

    twinsound (2009-10-09)

  4. #23
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip84 View Post
    This is HOW TO JAILBREAK iPhone 3G 3.1 on windows! (XP,VISTA,7)

    Before you start you need to have the following:
    1. a copy of itunes 8.2 if you don't already have it installed. (download it here Itunes 8.2 Link
    2. a copy of custom firmware 3.1 I cannot tell you how to acquire this.
    3. a copy of Redsnow 0.8 (download it here Redsnow 0.8 Link
    4. a copy of the OFFICIAL 3.0 firmware

    *If you currently have your iphone jailbroken at the 3.0 level, put your phone in RECOVERY Mode (not DFU) and use steps 1,2,3,14 & 15

    **If you currently have your iphone at an OFFICIAL 3.1 level, complete all of the steps.


    Step 01: If you have Itunes 9 installed then uninstall it.

    Step 02: Install Itunes 8.2

    Step 03: Run Itunes 8.2

    Step 04: if you get an "itunes library.itl" error then delete or move it from your itunes folder in "my music"

    Step 05: Once you have iTunes 8.2 running, put your phone into DFU mode

    Step 06: click "ok" when itunes tells you it detects your phone in recovery mode

    Step 07: once your phone is in DFU mode, hold your shift key and click restore in itunes

    Step 08: a window will open and you will now locate the official 3.0 firmware file and select it

    Step 09: itunes will now install the official 3.0 firmware onto the phone

    Step 10: at the end of this process you will likely get a error 1015 or something like that. ignore the error by clicking ok and your iphone should be showing the usb and itunes logo at this point.

    Step 11: Now open up Redsnow 0.8

    Step 12: Browse for the 3.0 official firmware and follow the directions that the software gives to jailbreak the iphone. during the jailbreak process for 3.0, you will notice that it seems to freeze at the "installing activation bundles" part. Don't worry, it is not frozen. Just give it a little while and it will finish.

    Step 13: At this point your phone might have the USB and Itunes image back on it. This is fine. Open iTunes back up and you will probably be greeted with the "itunes detects your phone in recovery mode". Click OK.
    DO NOT PUT THE IPHONE IN "DFU" MODE AT THIS POINT. Leave it in "Recovery Mode". Leave it as it is.

    Step 14: Once again, shift click the itunes restore button and select the 3.1 custom firmware.

    Step 15: THAT'S IT! Let it load the 3.1 custom firmware and you are set!

    I have done this on 3 3G iPhones and can confirm that this process absolutely works. I hope this helps all of you that have been waiting on a windows version of redsnow th?at jailbreaks 3.1. This process may take more time but it will work.

    Just to clarify a few steps in this process...

    If you are on official 3.1 firmware, you have to downgrade to a jailbroken 3.0 firmware and have iTunes 8.2 installed in order to restore the CUSTOM 3.1 firmware. If you are already on a 3.0 jailbroken firmware then just make sure you have iTunes 8.2 installed because itunes 9 will give you error 16xx messages when you do a restore for CUSTOM 3.1 firmware.

    I noticed that the majority of my steps look as though this is just to jailbreak to 3.0 SO i just wanted to make it clear that this is actually instructions to jailbreak 3.1
    jailbroken,cydia installed but no service on 02 uk?

  5. #24
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 83 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Lcxx View Post
    done it !

    but there still no Cydia inside. could it be possible because my 3G is on 3.1 (7C144) ( I looked this in my Iphone setting ), cause u mentioned that it need to be OFFICIAL 3.1. and yes, i did try other tutorial before.
    how to get the official back again & redo this again...huh... I think I need to get my Iphone to 3.1 not 3.1 (7C144) right?

    oh yes, btw, after all the 15 steps finish, i restore my last back up again, is that correct?
    Ok this is what you need to do:

    install iTunes 8.2 (use the link I provide)
    restore to original apple 3.0 firmware (not 3.0.1 just 3.0 and nothing else)
    install I redsnow 0.8 (use the link I provided)
    jailbreak your 3.0 firmware with redsnow 0.8
    now use I tunes 8.2 to restore to the custom 3.1 firmware you found

    You have to have your device jailbroken at The 3.0 level before it will let you restore to custom 3.1 firmware. Only iTunes 8.2 (8.2.x.x will not work only 8.2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip84 View Post
    Ok this is what you need to do:

    install iTunes 8.2 (use the link I provide)
    restore to original apple 3.0 firmware (not 3.0.1 just 3.0 and nothing else)
    install I redsnow 0.8 (use the link I provided)
    jailbreak your 3.0 firmware with redsnow 0.8
    now use I tunes 8.2 to restore to the custom 3.1 firmware you found

    You have to have your device jailbroken at The 3.0 level before it will let you restore to custom 3.1 firmware. Only iTunes 8.2 (8.2.x.x will not work only 8.2)
    Also, if cydia wasn't installed then you need to find another copy of custom 3.1 firmware to use.

    Quote Originally Posted by shageexx View Post
    jailbroken,cydia installed but no service on 02 uk?
    Find another 3.1 custom firmware. You used a bad one. No big deal. Happened my first try too. Just find another and start over.
    Last edited by Phillip84; 2009-09-19 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #25
    well, since i am a 3gs user, i gotta wait longer.

  7. #26
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 83 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by shageexx View Post
    jailbroken,cydia installed but no service on 02 uk?
    Find another 3.1 custom firmware. You used a bad one. No big deal. Happened my first try too. Just find another and start over.

  8. #27
    i cant figure out how to download itunes 8.2 it gives me an error message saying" itunes cannot be read because a newer version was created"

  9. #28
    guys I found the firmware but it's on rapid share and it's in three parts then I have to merge all three together.

    I have the 3G 3.1

    EDIT: oh yeah the most important part. I cannot download no more it's saying sign up for a paid membership so I only got done part 001

    this is insane slow too!
    Last edited by lol_release; 2009-09-19 at 05:51 PM.

  10. #29
    Thanks for all your help, i don't know if this is allowed but i did this and it was easy if you had custom firmware. For jailbreaking How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G/2G 3.1 Firmware on Windows and after to allow any carriers Unlock iPhone 3G 3.1 Firmware using ultrasn0w and then found out this on my own was to activate airplane mode and then diactivate it again. I hope this helps. and sorry if i stole your thread.

  11. #30
    working on it...
    Last edited by lol_release; 2009-09-19 at 09:41 PM.

  12. #31
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    ITunes 8.2 can be found in other places. If u don't like rapidshare, try a Google search.

  13. #32
    Most of the links I found were all dead rapid share seems to be the only way to go.

    I'm on the 2nd file now

    Thanks for the suggestion tho

    does anyone know if itunes 8.2.1.6 will work I have a copy of that on my laptop where I first plugged in my iphone I have 9.0 on my desktop...

    Also am I reading this correct,

    my iphone is running 3.1 so I have to downgrade to 3.0?
    Last edited by lol_release; 2009-09-19 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to lol_release For This Useful Post:

    deacon_frost_3000 (2009-10-03)

  15. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip84 View Post
    This is HOW TO JAILBREAK iPhone 3G 3.1 on windows! (XP,VISTA,7)

    Before you start you need to have the following:
    1. a copy of itunes 8.2 if you don't already have it installed. (download it here Itunes 8.2 Link
    2. a copy of custom firmware 3.1 I cannot tell you how to acquire this.
    3. a copy of Redsnow 0.8 (download it here Redsnow 0.8 Link
    4. a copy of the OFFICIAL 3.0 firmware

    *If you currently have your iphone jailbroken at the 3.0 level, put your phone in RECOVERY Mode (not DFU) and use steps 1,2,3,14 & 15

    **If you currently have your iphone at an OFFICIAL 3.1 level, complete all of the steps.


    Step 01: If you have Itunes 9 installed then uninstall it.

    Step 02: Install Itunes 8.2

    Step 03: Run Itunes 8.2

    Step 04: if you get an "itunes library.itl" error then delete or move it from your itunes folder in "my music"

    Step 05: Once you have iTunes 8.2 running, put your phone into DFU mode

    Step 06: click "ok" when itunes tells you it detects your phone in recovery mode

    Step 07: once your phone is in DFU mode, hold your shift key and click restore in itunes

    Step 08: a window will open and you will now locate the official 3.0 firmware file and select it

    Step 09: itunes will now install the official 3.0 firmware onto the phone

    Step 10: at the end of this process you will likely get a error 1015 or something like that. ignore the error by clicking ok and your iphone should be showing the usb and itunes logo at this point.

    Step 11: Now open up Redsnow 0.8

    Step 12: Browse for the 3.0 official firmware and follow the directions that the software gives to jailbreak the iphone. during the jailbreak process for 3.0, you will notice that it seems to freeze at the "installing activation bundles" part. Don't worry, it is not frozen. Just give it a little while and it will finish.

    Step 13: At this point your phone might have the USB and Itunes image back on it. This is fine. Open iTunes back up and you will probably be greeted with the "itunes detects your phone in recovery mode". Click OK.
    DO NOT PUT THE IPHONE IN "DFU" MODE AT THIS POINT. Leave it in "Recovery Mode". Leave it as it is.

    Step 14: Once again, shift click the itunes restore button and select the 3.1 custom firmware.

    Step 15: THAT'S IT! Let it load the 3.1 custom firmware and you are set!

    I have done this on 3 3G iPhones and can confirm that this process absolutely works. I hope this helps all of you that have been waiting on a windows version of redsnow that jailbreaks 3.1. This process may take more time but it will work.

    Just to clarify a few steps in this process...

    If you are on official 3.1 firmware, you have to downgrade to a jailbroken 3.0 firmware and have iTunes 8.2 installed in order to restore the CUSTOM 3.1 firmware. If you are already on a 3.0 jailbroken firmware then just make sure you have iTunes 8.2 installed because itunes 9 will give you error 16xx messages when you do a restore for CUSTOM 3.1 firmware.

    I noticed that the majority of my steps look as though this is just to jailbreak to 3.0 SO i just wanted to make it clear that this is actually instructions to jailbreak 3.1
    Thanks so much, Phillip84! One quick question: Is it okay to re-install iTunes 9 after completing the jailbreak?

  16. #34
    Anyone know if version 8.2.1.6 for itunes will work?
    Last edited by lol_release; 2009-09-19 at 08:18 PM.

  17. #35
    I totally agree ive been waiting like 2 weeks for this? haha psh someone please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    it WONT work allready tryed
    Last edited by mreed93; 2009-09-19 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  18. #36
    guys!

    I keep getting this. (see picture)

    I'm assuming it's due to the version of itunes I think I found the 8.0 and not the 8.0.1.6 I will try it again after I complete the factory restore so I can start from scratch.

    Keep you updated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -issues.jpg  

  19. #37
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 83 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mreed93 View Post
    i cant figure out how to download itunes 8.2 it gives me an error message saying" itunes cannot be read because a newer version was created"
    read back in my instructions about deleting the file in your itunes folder. that should help

    Quote Originally Posted by lol_release View Post
    You have reached the download limit for free-users. Would you like more?

    Get your own premium account now! Instant download access! Or try again in about 13 minutes.

    Create Premium Account

    This is SOOOO lame FYI

    Also I cannot find Itunes 8.2 from the link provided!

    This thread should not be a sticky!

    What a waste of time
    Click here for itunes 8.2 the download button is on the right hand side of the page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    ITunes 8.2 can be found in other places. If u don't like rapidshare, try a Google search.
    Thank you! lol people dont like searching i guess

    Quote Originally Posted by lol_release View Post
    Most of the links I found were all dead rapid share seems to be the only way to go.

    I'm on the 2nd file now

    Thanks for the suggestion tho

    does anyone know if itunes 8.2.1.6 will work I have a copy of that on my laptop where I first plugged in my iphone I have 9.0 on my desktop...

    Also am I reading this correct,

    my iphone is running 3.1 so I have to downgrade to 3.0?
    No, use 8.2 (8.2.1.6 may work but i'd hate for you to waste your time in case it didn't. And yes you need to downgrade to 3.0...then jailbreak 3.0...then you will be able to restore to the custom 3.1 firmware. Trust me, just follow the steps exactly like they are and it will work.

    Quote Originally Posted by pianomanrcj View Post
    Thanks so much, Phillip84! One quick question: Is it okay to re-install iTunes 9 after completing the jailbreak?
    Yep upgrade to it if you like! It wont hurt anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by lol_release View Post
    guys!

    I keep getting this. (see picture)

    I'm assuming it's due to the version of itunes I think I found the 8.0 and not the 8.0.1.6 I will try it again after I complete the factory restore so I can start from scratch.

    Keep you updated!
    thats what redsnow 0.8 looks like when you open it. click that browse button and find your official apple 3.0 firmware so it will jailbreak it.
    Last edited by Phillip84; 2009-09-19 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Phillip84 For This Useful Post:

    lol_release (2009-09-19)

  21. #38
    Hi Phillip84,

    Look closer at the image! you will see it's saying unable to recognize specific IPSW file

    I got the 3 from rapid share and merged them.

    any suggestions?

  22. #39
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 83 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lol_release View Post
    Hi Phillip84,

    Look closer at the image! you will see it's saying unable to recognize specific IPSW file

    I got the 3 from rapid share and merged them.

    any suggestions?
    You are using the wrong firmware for redsnow. You have to select apples official 3.0 for this step. Not the custom 3.1 firmware you've had to find.

    You have to jailbreak 3.0 on your device first and that is what is going on in this step. You don't need to use 3.1 just yet.

  23. #40
    It seems I missed that on my down laod.

    Apparently I downloaded the custom 3.0 and I need the official 3.0 I swear that's what I read on the download page but I was wrong

    sorry for wasting your time on silly questions like that one.

    I will now pay attention and do as you say.
    Last edited by lol_release; 2009-09-19 at 10:04 PM.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •