Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HOW TO JAILBREAK iPhone 3G 3.1 on windows

can i jb 3gs 3.1 with this method?

can i jb 3gs following this?
    Last edited by wildbeast; 2009-10-06 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey Guys I made a 2 part video on jailbreaking 3.1 with links to both itunes 8.2 and working 3.1 cfw check it out rate and comment at youtube.com and look up lilbush81 thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by rickpalace View Post
    i followed all the steps and when it came to installing the custom firmware i got an error msg: The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604)
    does anyone know what could have happened. was it the custom SW i downloaded from a torrent site?
    Check out my step by step 2 part vid on 3.1 jailbreak it might help

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lilbush81 For This Useful Post:

twinsound (2009-10-07)

I'm still trying to track down the "iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore_WO_ACT.isp w" file. Can someone pm me for this info? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lilbush81 View Post
    Hey Guys I made a 2 part video on jailbreaking 3.1 with links to both itunes 8.2 and working 3.1 cfw check it out rate and comment at youtube.com and look up lilbush81 thanks guys

It is on my video on YouTube under lilbush81

Quote Originally Posted by twinsound View Post
    I'm still trying to track down the "iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore_WO_ACT.isp w" file. Can someone pm me for this info? Thanks!
    Yes just go to my vid on YouTube under lilbush81 and it is in description rate and cent plz

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lilbush81 For This Useful Post:

twinsound (2009-10-09)

im trying to jail brake my iphone 3g 3.1 in windows but i cant ive seen videos i downloaded redsnow and nothing ! good thing i back up my iphone but if some one could help me on this it would be great! i cant even downgrade FW!

Quote Originally Posted by lilbush81 View Post

thnx for that will do!!!

My friend bought a 3GS couple days ago. The phone came with 3.1 stock. Will this method work?

Thanks

^no.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

^You can't jailbreak a 3GS 3.1 OTB... even *with* a custom ipsw.
    It'll do him/her no good.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by mulroonp View Post
    Can someone please PM me the 251 MB file or a link to download it? I am desperate and have searched everywhere I can think of with no luck?

iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore_WO_ACT.ispw is what I do not have I used the wrong one a few times already, thought I bricked it when I tried to restore with no AT&T coverage....

DITO! can somebody help me find this custom ispw too? thank you very much you can pm or email me at [email protected]

Thanks for the guide!

I finally broke down and decided to do it .. got tired of waiting for a Windows JB. I have to say, it was very easy and went smoothly for me.

I moved my itl file from itunes9 and uninstalled then installed 8.

Then did a backup in 8.

After doing the 3.1 firmware transfer ... I went ahead and selected to restore backup ...

Then installed 9 again and moved my old itl file back ... did a sync and got all my music and Appstore apps ...

Oh and I'm on Vista 64 and was concerned that the 32 bit version of iTunes8 would cauee me problems ... no worries!

Thanks again!

Everything went correctly until the last part! It gives me a box that says the iphone is not compatible! It has to be the custom 3.1 firmware correct? I just had the regular 3.1 firmware, then itunes updated me to 3.1.2...any ideas on what I should do...i gots to get my jailbreak phone back I hate the factory settings!!

Default 2 Errors ... springboard crashing and no service
    Hello all,

Looking for a little help here. I followed the steps exactly as indicated. No error messages came up at all. However, when I tested it out, I pulled up Cyida and tried to install 1 thing and its been crashing ever since. Everytime I turn the phone on it pops up and tells me that its crashed - it keeps the phone in safe mode.

The 2nd part is the service is no there anymore.

Would these problems be fixed due to a ipws custom file? Or is there a fix around it somehow? I really dont want to do a full resatore and lose everything on my phone.

Thans for all your assistance

Thanks for posting this. I finally got it to work. Follow directions exactly and you can do this.

The only lessons learned I can provide is regarding the "official 3.0" ISPW file. If you've JB's your phone and updated to iPhone 3.1, I'd recommend you downloading another copy of the official 3.0 IPSW file.

At first, I got errors when running through the same 3.0 IPSW file but when I used a different one, it went smoothly.

Hope this helps for others.

BTW, thanks to Phillip84, lilbush81, creasy425 & big Broncos fan mahgninnuc93.
    Last edited by twinsound; 2009-10-09 at 08:10 PM.

When I download the custom 3.0 firmware it gives it to me in zip format. Unzipping gives me several files none are the restore firmware file. How do I get a single unzipped file?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyace View Post
    When I download the custom 3.0 firmware it gives it to me in zip format. Unzipping gives me several files none are the restore firmware file. How do I get a single unzipped file?
    just change the end of the file name from .zip, to .ipsw and ur all set

help me i want jailbreak iphone 3gs 3.1 in windows

Thanks Creasy It worked fine after your suggestion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magentakill View Post
    help me i want jailbreak iphone 3gs 3.1 in windows
    If you're on official 3.1.. you can't.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast