Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HOW TO JAILBREAK iPhone 3G 3.1 on windows

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi i had to finally google it and i came up with a site called torrentportal.com and it was there and it worked im so happy now i have signal bars att is there and my wifi works cydia seems to b workings but im still checking everything and i just noticed that my mms is now there as well, OMG, OMG, OMG, im so happy right now i have phone service and im jb thank u so much iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore_WO_ACT.ipsw
    Last edited by angie1974; 2009-09-28 at 05:08 AM.

Hey thanks creasy for sending me the link but it doenst work either -the WO_ACT) (its not "activated" - i think its my carrier) - So far when i google custom firmware 3.1, ive tried all 4 (768mb, 1gb - activate + unactivated) The activated allows me to use the iphone but i get no reception whilst the unactivated asks for an activated sim =(

i've tried everything!!! =( does any1 have any other ideas? But thanks for all those who've tried to help!!!!

Or.......you could just read the first post in this thread by Phillip84. His tutorial works perfectly all you need is the correct fw.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Its works new custom ispw
    Hi i had to finally google it and i came up with a site called torrentportal.com and it was there and it worked im so happy now i have signal bars att is there and my wifi works cydia seems to b workings but im still checking everything and i just noticed that my mms is now there as well, OMG, OMG, OMG, im so happy right now i have phone service and im jb thanks so much

iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore_WO_ACT.ipsw

you have to google exactly the way its read iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore_WO_ACT.ipsw
    Last edited by angie1974; 2009-09-28 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Awesome, tried it first time, worked 100%. Although kind of dissappointed since the person I was doint it for had officially upgraded to 3.1 so the baseband is 05.11.07 and therefore can't be unlocked. Everything else is working perfectly including Cydia, Winterboard, etc. Thanks a lot. Now the wait begins for the unlock for the new baseband.

Ok peeps here it is enjoy and if have any problems ask me at [email protected]

This is HOW TO JAILBREAK iPhone 3G 3.1 on windows! (XP,VISTA,7)

**WARNING**WARNING**WARNING**
    Unless you aren't worried about potentially upgrading your baseband, I would advise you not to try this tutorial until there is an Unlock method available for the 3.1 Firmware. If you will never need your iphone unlocked then it is perfectly fine to use this jailbreak method.

Before you start you need to have the following:
    1. a copy of itunes 8.2 if you don't already have it installed. (download it here Itunes 8.2 Link
    2. a copy of custom firmware 3.1 I cannot tell you how to acquire this.
    3. a copy of Redsnow 0.8 (download it here Redsnow 0.8 Link
    4. a copy of the OFFICIAL 3.0 firmware

*If you currently have your iphone jailbroken at the 3.0 level, put your phone in RECOVERY Mode (not DFU) and use steps 1,2,3,14 & 15

**If you currently have your iphone at an OFFICIAL 3.1 level, complete all of the steps.

Step 01: If you have Itunes 9 installed then uninstall it.

Step 02: Install Itunes 8.2

Step 03: Run Itunes 8.2

Step 04: if you get an "itunes library.itl" error then delete or move it from your itunes folder in "my music"

Step 05: Once you have iTunes
    8.2 running, put your phone into DFU mode

Step 06: click "ok" when itunes tells you it detects your phone in recovery mode

Step 07: once your phone is in DFU mode, hold your shift key and click restore in itunes

Step 08: a window will open and you will now locate the official 3.0 firmware file and select it

Step 09: itunes will now install the official 3.0 firmware onto the phone

Step 10: at the end of this process you will likely get a error 1015 or something like that. ignore the error by clicking ok and your iphone should be showing the usb and itunes logo at this point.

Step 11: Now open up Redsnow 0.8

Step 12: Browse for the 3.0 official firmware and follow the directions that the software gives to jailbreak the iphone. during the jailbreak process for 3.0, you will notice that it seems to freeze at the "installing activation bundles" part. Don't worry, it is not frozen. Just give it a little while and it will finish.

Step 13: At this point your phone might have the USB and Itunes image back on it. This is fine. Open iTunes back up and you will probably be greeted with the "itunes detects your phone in recovery mode". Click OK.
    DO NOT PUT THE IPHONE
    IN "DFU" MODE AT THIS POINT. Leave it in "Recovery Mode". Leave it as it is.

Step 14: Once again, shift click the itunes restore button and select the 3.1 custom firmware.

Step 15: THAT'S IT! Let it load the 3.1 custom firmware and you are set!

I have done this on 3 3G iPhones and can confirm that this process absolutely works. I hope this helps all of you that have been waiting on a windows version of redsnow that jailbreaks 3.1. This process may take more time but it will work.

Just to clarify a few steps in this process...

If you are on official 3.1 firmware, you have to downgrade to a jailbroken 3.0 firmware and have iTunes 8.2 installed in order to restore the CUSTOM 3.1 firmware. If you are already on a 3.0 jailbroken firmware then just make sure you have iTunes 8.2 installed because itunes 9 will give you error 16xx messages when you do a restore for CUSTOM 3.1 firmware.

I noticed that the majority of my steps look as though this is just to jailbreak to 3.0 SO i just wanted to make it clear that this is actually instructions to jailbreak 3.1

;lk
    Last edited by lilbush81; 2009-09-28 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thank you, works just like you said!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kinskeys For This Useful Post:

angie1974 (2009-09-28)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

worked perfectly except for one problem. my phone will no longer connect to wifi. it has an ip address and everything else that it would normally have. and yes i did reset the network connections. any ideas on what i can do? i'm about to go overseas, so i need a fix rather quick, so i can use the wifi. thanks in advance

Try rebooting it, if that don't work, restore it to 3.0 and jailbreak it again.

I have 3g with 3.1fw that is updated with iTunes (original fw), if i jailbrake it like u said will this enable me to use my sim card?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Also guys I forgot n my earlier post to mention that I also used the iTunes 8.2.1 I really don't no if that made any difference but thats what I use opposed to the original 8.2 they sd to use . Sorry about that

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by didlika View Post
    I have 3g with 3.1fw that is updated with iTunes (original fw), if i jailbrake it like u said will this enable me to use my sim card?
    Apple 3.1 FW updates the baseband on 3G and 3GS iPhone. There is no unlock (non-authorized carrier) available for the new baseband. JB will work on the 3G, but no carrier unlock. 2G phones are not effected. Can unlock and jb.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I guess my question 2 u would b what's your carrier? Bcuz if u r with AT&T u should b good . What happen 2 me was that when I updated on accident and then tried the jailbreak method at the top I had lost my signal no service 4 like 2 days until I ran n2 the post about useing the wrong 4matted FW and also I changed the iTunes I was using from 8.2 to 8.2.1. And yea I'm also a 3g 3.1 jb AT&T as well.

pleasee...why after i upgrade my iphone 3g sim unlock from 3.0 to 3.1 my i3g screen appear usb n itunes pic? what can i do???please help me guys..thx b4!

pleaseee somebody help mee
    Last edited by hrpgold; 2009-09-28 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by lilbush81 View Post
    Ok peeps here it is enjoy and if have any problems ask me at [email protected]

This is HOW TO JAILBREAK iPhone 3G 3.1 on windows! (XP,VISTA,7)

**WARNING**WARNING**WARNING**
    Unless you aren't worried about potentially upgrading your baseband, I would advise you not to try this tutorial until there is an Unlock method available for the 3.1 Firmware. If you will never need your iphone unlocked then it is perfectly fine to use this jailbreak method.

Before you start you need to have the following:
    1. a copy of itunes 8.2 if you don't already have it installed. (download it here Itunes 8.2 Link
    2. a copy of custom firmware 3.1 I cannot tell you how to acquire this.
    3. a copy of Redsnow 0.8 (download it here Redsnow 0.8 Link
    4. a copy of the OFFICIAL 3.0 firmware

*If you currently have your iphone jailbroken at the 3.0 level, put your phone in RECOVERY Mode (not DFU) and use steps 1,2,3,14 & 15

**If you currently have your iphone at an OFFICIAL 3.1 level, complete all of the steps.

Step 01: If you have Itunes 9 installed then uninstall it.

Step 02: Install Itunes 8.2

Step 03: Run Itunes 8.2

Step 04: if you get an "itunes library.itl" error then delete or move it from your itunes folder in "my music"

Step 05: Once you have iTunes
    8.2 running, put your phone into DFU mode

Step 06: click "ok" when itunes tells you it detects your phone in recovery mode

Step 07: once your phone is in DFU mode, hold your shift key and click restore in itunes

Step 08: a window will open and you will now locate the official 3.0 firmware file and select it

Step 09: itunes will now install the official 3.0 firmware onto the phone

Step 10: at the end of this process you will likely get a error 1015 or something like that. ignore the error by clicking ok and your iphone should be showing the usb and itunes logo at this point.

Step 11: Now open up Redsnow 0.8

Step 12: Browse for the 3.0 official firmware and follow the directions that the software gives to jailbreak the iphone. during the jailbreak process for 3.0, you will notice that it seems to freeze at the "installing activation bundles" part. Don't worry, it is not frozen. Just give it a little while and it will finish.

Step 13: At this point your phone might have the USB and Itunes image back on it. This is fine. Open iTunes back up and you will probably be greeted with the "itunes detects your phone in recovery mode". Click OK.
    DO NOT PUT THE IPHONE
    IN "DFU" MODE AT THIS POINT. Leave it in "Recovery Mode". Leave it as it is.

Step 14: Once again, shift click the itunes restore button and select the 3.1 custom firmware.

Step 15: THAT'S IT! Let it load the 3.1 custom firmware and you are set!

I have done this on 3 3G iPhones and can confirm that this process absolutely works. I hope this helps all of you that have been waiting on a windows version of redsnow that jailbreaks 3.1. This process may take more time but it will work.

Just to clarify a few steps in this process...

If you are on official 3.1 firmware, you have to downgrade to a jailbroken 3.0 firmware and have iTunes 8.2 installed in order to restore the CUSTOM 3.1 firmware. If you are already on a 3.0 jailbroken firmware then just make sure you have iTunes 8.2 installed because itunes 9 will give you error 16xx messages when you do a restore for CUSTOM 3.1 firmware.

I noticed that the majority of my steps look as though this is just to jailbreak to 3.0 SO i just wanted to make it clear that this is actually instructions to jailbreak 3.1

;lk
    wow....thank you so much for stealng someone elses tutorial and claiming it as your own...THIS IS THE EXACT SAME TUTORIAL ON PAGE ONE OF THIS THREAD BY PHILLIP84.....YOU SIR AR AN IDIOT OF THE HIGHEST ORDER!!!!!!!!!

Why do we have to use iTunes 8.2? Will this not work with 9.x?

Quote Originally Posted by jarednl4 View Post
    Why do we have to use iTunes 8.2? Will this not work with 9.x?
    9.X is the reason for the 1600 errors. 8.2 doesnt throw out those errors...apparently you can use 9.x with a program called iREB to load custom 3.1 FW. I haven't tried it myself, but its said to work....

thanks a lot i was able to jailbreak this but for some reason cydia isn't working for me. please help me out and let me know what i should do.

Quote Originally Posted by insaftak View Post
    thanks a lot i was able to jailbreak this but for some reason cydia isn't working for me. please help me out and let me know what i should do.
    are cydia and icy both installed? if so just keep on trying cydia, dont mess with icy, and eventually you will be able to DL the needed updates for cydia. its just gonna take a while...

Followed the process and it leaves Cydia in some hosed state - now I cannot get Cydia to work any more - get the "Couldn't configure pre-depend dpkg for ncurses, probably a dependency cycle"...

Such a joy...

Yep - it's all hosed now - Cydia says it doesn't know what version it is and says it is not fixable and is caused by having both Cydia and Icy installed during jailbreak.

But I didn't have a choice following these instructions as the ipsw apparently has both on it...so now what, start over and go with the standard Apple 3.1 fw???
    Last edited by i007; 2009-09-28 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast