Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HOW TO JAILBREAK iPhone 3G 3.1 on windows

I have done this 4x now, i think the part that messed me up the most was upgrading to 3.1 through iTunes, I cant even jailbreak my phone at all. After the last download with the process, i didnt get any errors, seen the jailbreak icon and the pineapple and my phone comes back on with no Cydia. I am really confused, can someone shine some light my way of maybe where i am colliding with this please?

Oh and another thing, my phone was completely jailbroken on my last firmware update that i did in July and this time i lost EVERYTHING going through these steps, no contacts, pix, texts or anything was saved through the steps i did, i had to restore back to my backup I saved before trying this, is this normal or will i at least keep my contacts in the phone after its said and done with 3.1 jailbroken
    Last edited by boostherway; 2009-09-27 at 06:27 AM.

Very nice and worked perfect thanks for the info now i can enjoy 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by boostherway View Post
    I have done this 4x now, i think the part that messed me up the most was upgrading to 3.1 through iTunes, I cant even jailbreak my phone at all. After the last download with the process, i didnt get any errors, seen the jailbreak icon and the pineapple and my phone comes back on with no Cydia. I am really confused, can someone shine some light my way of maybe where i am colliding with this please?

Oh and another thing, my phone was completely jailbroken on my last firmware update that i did in July and this time i lost EVERYTHING going through these steps, no contacts, pix, texts or anything was saved through the steps i did, i had to restore back to my backup I saved before trying this, is this normal or will i at least keep my contacts in the phone after its said and done with 3.1 jailbroken
    You have to get the custom firmware!!!
    Last edited by lilbush81; 2009-09-27 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi,i done this method on my iphone 3g and it worked fine,but now iv'e sold it and bought a 3gs,would it work on the 3gs?

cheers!

rapidshare suks,just google it,then 1st avail torrent should do it!
    Last edited by shageexx; 2009-09-27 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

tmobile but it a contract phone here in germany

so i got the right firmware, followed the steps again to the T and now my phone is jailbroken on firmware 3.1 but no picture & video messaging options, what the hell went wrong now? I have AT&T

i dont know im still trying to figure out why i have no signal. i was told to keep trying diffrent firmware do you know of one that works?

Default Everyone's seem to work but mines...
    I have tried over and over and over agin to JB my phone with Phil's steps, No luck.

I've search after pages for FW i have the follwing FW's 1_3.0_7A341 RESTORE, 1_3.1_7C144 restore 2_3.0 restore 2_3.1 restore 1,2_3.0 Custom Restore AND NONE SEEM TO WORK. I HAVE THE IPHONE 3G WITHT THE 3.1 SOFTWARE UPDATE AND I HAVE DOWNGRADED TO 3.0 BUT NOW I'M ALSO HAVING PROBS WITH FRIGGIN REDSN0W 0.8 WHEN I BROWSE FOR THE FIRMWARE IT FINE BUT ONCE I START DOIN THE PROCESS OF HOLD DONW THE OFF BUTTON THEN TEH OFF AND THE HOME AND THEN THE HOME, WEN ITS ABOUT TO START INSTALLING THE JB ON MY PHONE IT CRASHES IT HAS DONE THIS 5 TIMES ALREADY AND IT SAYS ONLY THAT REDSN0W HAS STOPPED WORKING...PLEASE ANYONE SEND ME A PRIVATE MESG IF U HAVE TO TO GIVE ME THE WEBSTIES WERE YA DOWNLOADED YA FIRMWARES AND YA REDSN0W.

THANK U

Default 3.1 OS with new MMS 9-25 release?
    I think I am missing something. I was running 2.X.X os on my 3g and it was jailbroken. I then went to itunes and updated to 3.1 I lost all my jailbroken stuff as I thought I would. I then watched all the videos on youtube in regards to jailbreaking 3.1Every time I do it I get the 1600 error. I watched the videos on how to fix 1600error but it didn't work. My question is now that I have a stock iphone 3g with 3.1 AND the new MMS software installed, can it be jailbroken? or was I supposed to not update and follow the videos to jailbreak while still jailbroken? if it can be installed do I have to follow the guide in modmyi? there isn't one video on youtbe that shows that way of doing it.

chek ur in box or email....

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla927 View Post
    I think I am missing something. I was running 2.X.X os on my 3g and it was jailbroken. I then went to itunes and updated to 3.1 I lost all my jailbroken stuff as I thought I would. I then watched all the videos on youtube in regards to jailbreaking 3.1Every time I do it I get the 1600 error. I watched the videos on how to fix 1600error but it didn't work. My question is now that I have a stock iphone 3g with 3.1 AND the new MMS software installed, can it be jailbroken? or was I supposed to not update and follow the videos to jailbreak while still jailbroken? if it can be installed do I have to follow the guide in modmyi? there isn't one video on youtbe that shows that way of doing it.
    the very first page of this thread has exact instructions how to JB 3.1. here is the link to the 3.1 FW that you need for the job. you will also need a copy of official 3.0 FW but thats available for download on this site under the DL's tab....anywasy heres the link to WORKING 3.1 CUSTOM FW

oops...didnt mean to post that here...lke i said check ur inbox
    Last edited by creasy425; 2009-09-27 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok i finally jailbroke my iphine 3g. you have to do exactly what he said do on from the first page ok send me an im and i will reply back with a link for the ispw that finally worked for me. you have to find the right on becase not all of them will work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello,

So far the guide has been going pretty smoothly, and everything you said would happen, happened. However, I seem to be having difficulty locating the proper custom firmware for 3.1 and am currently stuck in recovery mode. Could you please send me the link to the working firmware? TPB doesn't seem to have it anymore. Thanks!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lth98105 For This Useful Post:

britb889 (2009-09-28)

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast