Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HOW TO JAILBREAK iPhone 3G 3.1 on windows

Quote Originally Posted by HermiCompi View Post
    got the solution guys. thanks to iszene forum.

first delete those two files from your itunes music folder:
    iTunes Library.itl, iTunes Music Library.xml
    and then remove itunes 8.2 and install 9.0. after that connect your iphone. it will activate your phone
    please make sure that ur following the tutorial on the first page of this thread, made by phillip84. theres a stripped down tutorial a few pages back by someone else that skips some very important steps in the process

Quote Originally Posted by johnny69blaze View Post
    Is it worth upgrading now or will there be another fw update tomorrow 9/25 for MMS?
    from what ive seen here and other places on the net, the update being released tomorrow isnt a FW udate, its just a carrier update to enable MMS for AT&T customers...
    Last edited by creasy425; 2009-09-24 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

HOW LONG SHOULD THE PHONE BE INSTALLING ACTIVATION BUNDLES? I know it says you will think the phone is frozen, but I am going on like 5 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by mojays32 View Post
    HOW LONG SHOULD THE PHONE BE INSTALLING ACTIVATION BUNDLES? I know it says you will think the phone is frozen, but I am going on like 5 minutes
    10-15 minutes is about the norm.

Got it all to work, if you have the correct firmware and follow all directions it is easy. the pirate ship has two different ones. Makes sure it is the first one or you will have no service.

I have tried it on my iphone 3g 3.0 jailbroken with itunes 8.2.0.23 version but I got the 1600 error so I restored my iphone back to 3.0. Any ideas for this error would be appreciated. Now my phone is not jailbroken. Can I proceed from step 14 or I have to jailbreak it first? thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by vags21 View Post
    I have tried it on my iphone 3g 3.0 jailbroken with itunes 8.2.0.23 version but I got the 1600 error so I restored my iphone back to 3.0. Any ideas for this error would be appreciated. Now my phone is not jailbroken. Can I proceed from step 14 or I have to jailbreak it first? thank you in advance
    did you restore back to a jailbroken 3.0 or official?

Quote Originally Posted by vags21 View Post
    official...
    I'd say re jailbreak with redsn0w, then go from there

i have tried with the version 9 of itunes and it worked perfectly. even i didnt go in the dfu mode on starting for the official firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
    please make sure that ur following the tutorial on the first page of this thread, made by phillip84. theres a stripped down tutorial a few pages back by someone else that skips some very important steps in the process

from what ive seen here and other places on the net, the update being released tomorrow isnt a FW udate, its just a carrier update to enable MMS for AT&T customers...
    it worked for me dude. tried on 3 iphones and all of them worked perfect.
    Last edited by HermiCompi; 2009-09-25 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Mike Shack
    I live in Australia and use Telstra network and I followed this guide and it worked perfectly except when it finally jailbroke, there was no signal, no 3G sign and no network option. Everything else was perfect (ie Cydia worked and ipod etc). So I had to revert back to official 3.1 and I lost all my cracked apps. Any suggestions to fix this problem or should I wait for the new version of Redsn0w to jailbreak 3.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Shack View Post
    I live in Australia and use Telstra network and I followed this guide and it worked perfectly except when it finally jailbroke, there was no signal, no 3G sign and no network option. Everything else was perfect (ie Cydia worked and ipod etc). So I had to revert back to official 3.1 and I lost all my cracked apps. Any suggestions to fix this problem or should I wait for the new version of Redsn0w to jailbreak 3.1?
    you need to correct FW. pm me for the link to a working FW...

i managed to uninstall Icy. For those who successfully JB, don't press Icy app first otherwise there will be problems installing packages from Cydia..

what i did was to update Cydia first, then remove Icy from the Cydia

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip84 View Post
    Thanks so much! and Thanks for the sticky!
    i got all the way through it it all worked until i go to put the custom firmware in the only 3.1 firmware ive been able to find is torrent files and i dont know how to get them to work with itunes.. any suggestions? sorry im new at this!!! X.x

[quote=rosita055;4964299]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip84 View Post
    This is HOW TO JAILBREAK iPhone 3G 3.1 on windows! (XP,VISTA,7)

[
    Step 12: Browse for the 3.0 official firmware and follow the directions that the software gives to jailbreak the iphone. during the jailbreak process for 3.0, you will notice that it seems to freeze at the "installing activation bundles" part. Don't worry, it is not frozen. Just give it a little while and it will finish.

Hi phillip when my phone gets to this point, it says on the iphone "downloading Jaibreak software" and on the redsn0w scree is install upsmk somthing i dont quite remember the name, anywho, it stays stuck, and I know u say to give it a little while, I gave it 2hrs and it did not move. so i cancelled and re-did it again, this time it went all the way up to 99% and it stayed stuchk there again for anotehr hour or so, any idea why this might b happening? I'm doing everyting according to your instructions.

I have the Iphone 3G and the firmware it had prior to this was 3.1, I downgraded like u said to 3.0 and then try the jailbreak thing, but no luck.

thank u.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY TO MY PREVIOUS THREAD ^^^^^^

CREASY ANYONE PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Shack View Post
    dont forget to let us know how you go with the JB as i am sure there are a lot of us here in Australia who are waiting to see if it works before we try it

i to have Version 3.1 (7C144) with Telstra

regards
    rod
    Last edited by rodrocket; 2009-09-25 at 04:24 PM.

why itunes 8.2? Will 9.01 not work?

Ruben

WO_ACT is gone
    Last edited by tosbsas; 2009-09-25 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by tosbsas View Post
    why itunes 8.2? Will 9.01 not work?

Ruben

WO_ACT is gone
    Yeah, it was pulled from TPB, check ur inbox....

for the vast majority of us in this thread. itunes 9.x kicks out error 1600-1605 when trying to restore with custom FW. itunes 8.2.x doesnt...

[quote=rosita055;4966985]
    Quote Originally Posted by rosita055 View Post

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY TO MY PREVIOUS THREAD ^^^^^^

CREASY ANYONE PLEASE
    are you using redsn0w 0.7 or .08? i first tried it with redsn0w 0.7 and had the same thing happen, it would freeze up on "uploading ramdisc", but thanks to phill, i Dl'd redsn0w 0.8 and it worked just fine. it takes about 10-15 minutes for it to install all of the JB files but it will work. redsn0w 0.8 is available for DL in the downloads tab....hope this helps and please report back with any more issues
    Last edited by creasy425; 2009-09-25 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

just so you know it DOES work with the new itunes all you need is a program called ireb located iH8sn0w here.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ruoke1 For This Useful Post:

creasy425 (2009-09-25)

Quote Originally Posted by ruoke1 View Post
    just so you know it DOES work with the new itunes all you need is a program called ireb located iH8sn0w here.
    thats good info to have, ty very much

damm you should add to make sure to back up.. cause i forgot to..lol
    18WiTaThizz

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast